Feds Will Pay Entire Cost of Bridge Replacement?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
So if the roles were reversed and a privately owned US based ship took out a bridge in Singapore and the ships insurance didn't cover the total cost, the US taxpayer should be liable for the difference?
Here's the rub on this.

The insurance money shouldn't stop flowing until the insurance company is bankrupt and their BoD is bankrupt. Not wink-wink Chapter 11 bankrupt, panhandling at side of freeway bankrupt. It's on their ass - they made gobs of money for decades, time to see the other side of it.

Then you can start making the US taxpayer liable for the difference.

I feel this way about a lot of industries and insurance companies in particular.

- an alternative payment would be for Singapore Airlines to do some consulting work for the US carriers to teach them how not to suck as bad.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You guys get in a tizzy for some fucked up sh!t.

Take up the guitar and start smoking weed or something

I do all of those things. It doesn't make me at peace that my money is getting stolen to correct mistakes other people made

Reactions: Kento

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I do all of those things. It doesn't make me at peace that my money is getting stolen to correct mistakes other people made
How are the songs coming?

Post them and we'll critique them.

This is a safe space.

How do you feel about that fact that we, as humans, are trapped in a closed system with no escape, thrust into this world against our will with no escape from the fact you and everyone you love are doomed to die?

How does that compare with the angst of knowing the FED is going to put tax dollars toward rebuilding a bridge?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
"The Federal government will pay for the ENTIRE cost of reconstructing that bridge."

-Crippled Joe

Your tax dollars at work.

Britannia is one of 12 mutual insurers included in the International Group of P&I Clubs, which maintains more than $3 billion of reinsurance cover, sources familiar with the matter told Insurance Business.

Britannia itself is liable for the first $10 million in damages, both FT and Insurance Business reported. Whatever remains is dealt with by the wider mutual insurance group and Lloyd's of London, a reinsurance market in the UK, according to FT.

.....minus ten percent for the big guy.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
But will the feds pay for the full cost of White Replacement?

And what color were the cargo pants that the ships‘ crew were wearing?

And who let the container ships get so big? Maybe our insatiable appetite for foreign goods is to blame

IMG_5647.png

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
These diesel engine problems are virtually always caused by failure to clean out diesel tank sludge caused by the "diesel bug":

.....poor inspection and maintenance.

Reactions: john4surf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

This is a safe space.

How do you feel about that fact that we, as humans, are trapped in a closed system with no escape, thrust into this world against our will with no escape from the fact you and everyone you love are doomed to die?

How does that compare with the angst of knowing the FED is going to put tax dollars toward rebuilding a bridge?
One thing is unchangable. The other is not

• Love
Reactions: crustBrother

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ

This is a safe space.

We’re not in a closed system.

there is an after life.

• Haha
Reactions: Hump

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
We’re not in a closed system.

there is an after life.
You should read that book The Ferryman by Justin Cronin.

Actually, don't, it's terrible. Well, maybe if you've never explored the sci-fi/fantasy genre in any form whatsoever. It'll be fresh then.

Still better than The Curator by Owen King. That was just... bad. Apple fell on the road somewhere between Melbourne and Perth. I think it has the record for lowest rating score on goodreads of all non-hate mail campaigns. And yes, at 2.98, even lower than Keyshawn Johnson's Just Give Me The Damn Ball at 3.00, which I had previously considered the benchmark for worst book of all time.

At least all of them were free. :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
You should read that book The Ferryman by Justin Cronin.

Actually, don't, it's terrible. Well, maybe if you've never explored the sci-fi/fantasy genre in any form whatsoever. It'll be fresh then.

Still better than The Curator by Owen King. That was just... bad. Apple fell on the road somewhere between Melbourne and Perth. I think it has the record for lowest rating score on goodreads of all non-hate mail campaigns. And yes, at 2.98, even lower than Keyshawn Johnson's Just Give Me The Damn Ball at 3.00, which I had previously considered the benchmark for worst book of all time.

At least all of them were free. :roflmao:
Love the Keyshaun shoutout :cheers: