Fauci speaks out.....

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
what permanent changes are we talking about?

did you get vaccinated?

I have not got a shot yet...I don't really care, but people always look at me funny
when I cop to that

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
what permanent changes are we talking about?

did you get vaccinated?

I have not got a shot yet...I don't really care, but people always look at me funny
when I cop to that
Social changes like permanent distancing, ending handshakes, permanent mask acceptance

Business changes like permanent remote workers and all of the infrastructure that comes from that which will in turn cause other changes in real estate and such

Those are the short term, many people are looking at the continual stimuluses as a UBI test while others are using the rebuild as an excuse to push other agendas such as climate change.

While some of these can be good, some of these will be solely agenda-driven without thought or planning to what other changes these initial changes might cause

I haven't gotten a shot yet either. I'm not going to cause myself to get sick for a couple days when I've been healthier than ever over the last year while flaunting virtually all recommendations starting about May last year

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Social changes like permanent distancing, ending handshakes, permanent mask acceptance

Business changes like permanent remote workers and all of the infrastructure that comes from that which will in turn cause other changes in real estate and such

Those are the short term, many people are looking at the continual stimuluses as a UBI test while others are using the rebuild as an excuse to push other agendas such as climate change.

While some of these can be good, some of these will be solely agenda-driven without thought or planning to what other changes these initial changes might cause

I haven't gotten a shot yet either. I'm not going to cause myself to get sick for a couple days when I've been healthier than ever over the last year while flaunting virtually all recommendations starting about May last year
lolwut?!?!

governments are pushing for permanent changes to...handshakes?

UBI, climate change measures, and remote work forces were a thing before covid

you seem to be conflating market forces and lumping in some SUPER trivial sh!t for dramatic effect

eye roll + heavy sigh

Reactions: plasticbertrand

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
lolwut?!?!

governments are pushing for permanent changes to...handshakes?

UBI, climate change measures, and remote work forces were a thing before covid

you seem to be conflating market forces and lumping in some SUPER trivial sh!t for dramatic effect

eye roll + heavy sigh

Today they take away your handshakes, tomorrow they take away your milk shakes.

This is how it starts.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Translation: I just moved to a desert and now my old job is offering telework and I have buyers remorse. ;)

:poke:

I’m kidding, I kid! That was below the belt! Hopefully wave pools will be the norm outside of CA. :waving:

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
You must be so proud of yourself... :roflmao:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Oh no! Even worse than the sniffles maybe?

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
emails werent needed to support the idea the CDC Bungled this from the start and continue to through today. Early on, CDC/Fauci could have reminded the public on basic hygiene that we, well some of us, teach our kids to “cover your mouth”, “sneeze into a elbow/sleeve”, ”wash your hands”, “don’t touch your face/eyes/mouth/nose” etc etc. Hell, there was basic SCIENCE around over 100 years ago to suggest these measures and wearing any face covering at all could help. A reminder of basic virology 101, enveloped RNA virus’s are fairly sensitive and easily inactivated by detergent/water, heat, UV, etc. BUT yet people feared for their health picking up their whole food orders delivered by Amazon to their doorstep. My family included. Took me 2 weeks to convince them to stop disinfecting their online orders and you most likely wouldnt pick this up from a surface. Human skin is a barrier against it and basic hygiene will reduce transmission.
BUT CDC didn’t and these were facts rooted in SCIENCE known by this time last year.

only in an election year. 2021, pooof, like a fart in the wind. What virus? Just like swine flu and bird flu. still no vaccine for SARS or MERS. I thought every life mattered?

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Kicking your immune system into gear is not "getting sick".

You're being fucking hysterical about government overreach over COVID while literally ignoring Trump diarrheaing all over the democracy.

Being proud of disrespecting others and refusing to show basic courtesy is as entitled and selfish as narcisists get. Congrats.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

get a grip man :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: