Essential Body Weight Exercises?

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
I'd buy a set of bands. They pack super light and there are endless ways you can use them with body weight exercises.

Also, those multi-directional sliding lunges (posted in Chocki's link above), were prescribed to me after a knee injury. And I still do them to this day. Excellent leg strengthener with zero weight required.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Bands are legit, they’ve come a long way in recent years

Windmills are great for hip and rotational strength. Bulgarian split squats as well. Load as needed, but even without they are a great stability exercise

Pull ups and dips still king. Knee to bar for abs

Reactions: Sauce

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Get one of these weight vests, put a 30 lb plate in it, and all of the above recommended workouts will become exponentially harder.
IMG_3343.jpeg

Reactions: grapedrink

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Using the Pareto principle if I had to pick one it would be a tie bw

Thanks. I fell asleep during that. What happened to Max Shank - did he start smoking a lot of weed? He looks like he lost muscle from 8 years ago.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Thanks. I fell asleep during that. What happened to Max Shank - did he start smoking a lot of weed? He looks like he lost muscle from 8 years ago.
I do those two every day multiple times a day, especially hang flows. I was already good at thoracic bridges after doing count reps of them in capoeira class where he borrowed them from. It’s one of the dodges/esquivas.

Idk what he’s doing these days. He’s really not releasing new stuff? Last cool thing he was doing was playing with his balls on instagram

http://instagr.am/p/CXRnS6cjZ4g/

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Even pull-ups require equipment. What would you do in a hotel room if you had 15 minutes? Out of courtesy to other guests, no jumping around.
Door jam pull ups
Push ups
Squats
Burpees

If you don’t have the grip strength for door jam pull ups you find bars in the stairwell and do some type row.

One thing I do daily for mobility is this.

Start standing.

Go to full squat

From full squat go to knees

Tops of feet on floor and lean back far as you can - and then a little more

Back to kneeling, tuck toes under to squat

Stand back up

Repeat.

Reactions: One-Off