Eric Geiselman, where's your head at?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The comments on the Instagram post by people purporting to be surf coaches and surf school instructors are just mind boggling. The buoy on the fun/long board had no business even paddling out into that lineup in the first place based on his obvious lack of ability and common sense. Kooks like that need to go off on their own so they don't get in the way.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The comments on the Instagram post by people purporting to be surf coaches and surf school instructors are just mind boggling. The buoy on the fun/long board had no business even paddling out into that lineup in the first place based on his obvious lack of ability and common sense. Kooks like that need to go off on their own so they don't get in the way.
Kook A had no business being in the water.

Kook B saw Kook A and but still decided he'd roll the dice and go for it.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Kook A had no business being in the water.

Kook B saw Kook A and but still decided he'd roll the dice and go for it.
You must have been watching a different video than I did. There is only one kook in the video I watched and that is the guy who made no effort to stay and get out of the way. I mean WTF????? The only possible excuse for the longboard kook would be if he has some sort of vision malady that he only has tunnel vision. People like this have no business being around other surfers where they could cause a collision.

I'd also be real curious what break this happened at.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You must have been watching a different video than I did. There is only one kook in the video I watched and that is the guy who made no effort to stay and get out of the way. I mean WTF????? The only possible excuse for the longboard kook would be if he has some sort of vision malady that he only has tunnel vision. People like this have no business being around other surfers where they could cause a collision.

I'd also be real curious what break this happened at.
Kook or not, it was dangerous and unnecessary.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Kook or not, it was dangerous and unnecessary.
I don't view it that way. The guy who got run over is 100% at fault. This isn't even an 80% 20% situation. That guy is 100% at fault. Like standing on the side of a busy highway then darting out into traffic and expecting not to get hit by an unsuspecting driver and then blaming the driver who runs you over. If you don't have a clue of the most basic rules of the road you don't belong paddling out among other surfers.

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don't view it that way. The guy who got run over is 100% at fault. This isn't even an 80% 20% situation. That guy is 100% at fault. Like standing on the side of a busy highway then darting out into traffic and expecting not to get hit by an unsuspecting driver and then blaming the driver who runs you over. If you don't have a clue of the most basic rules of the road you don't belong paddling out among other surfers.
Even dumber and douchier than your political takes.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
agreed - but if you can avoid someone w/o much effort than you try an avoid them. Evan didnt have any where else to go but up an over him. would be good to see a longer clip to see if Evan spotted him earlier or if he was unaware the kook was there at all.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Punishment for being a kook should be getting your head smashed by an InstaPro.