Elon isn't a free-speech absolutist after all.....

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
None of those things detract from what I said above. Having a platform that hosts a certain kind of activity does not mean they "embrace it", no more than the way a phone company embraces drug dealers that who their phone service.

What happened to Twitter being a private company that can do what it wants :unsure:

Agreed. However it is also Twitter's right to not allow preferred placement. That said, they probably should, and charge more money for it :beer:
I never said Twitter/X had to do anything. They can continue to be a cesspool of hate speech if they choose. But they’re paying the price with advertising revenue as a company that’s already struggling to be profitable. This is the free market at play! :dancing:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I never said Twitter/X had to do anything. They can continue to be a cesspool of hate speech if they choose.
Cesspool? Roughly what percentage of tweets are "hate speech"?? :unsure:

Must be a significant amount if it's a "cesspool"

But they’re paying the price with advertising revenue as a company that’s already struggling to be profitable. This is the free market at play! :dancing:
I love watching the downfall :beer:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Except for investors, if it evaporated today what would be the loss? The investors will take it in the shorts but what is the product/platform really worth?

Reactions: grapedrink

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Name one business where anybody can say whatever comes to their stupid head, no rules, and where the said business consequently wouldn't suffer.

Free speech absolutists are funny.

TUWN SQAR

• Love
Reactions: $kully and hal9000

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I was thinking that what is happening is a natural process.

People going crazy because things are too good.

The rise of the billionaires is destabilizing.

But what cha gonna do?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I was thinking that what is happening is a natural process.

People going crazy because things are too good.

The rise of the billionaires is destabilizing.

But what cha gonna do?
I used to have a gf who needed destabilization. If things got to comfy she would become uncomfortable and if she couldn't find chaos she would create it.

Reactions: hal9000

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
This is funny for two reasons, Elon is an immigrant who bought his citizenship.

The second being that Republican presidents keep losing the popular vote since 1824.

How the fuck would 320k people, who by the way can't vote and won't stay here, make any difference for Biden?

Clown world nevel sleeps and Elon is the chief clown.