Electric vehicle fuel

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
...and the other part of the equation is the 1.5 - 2 ton car carrying all that toxic waste aka The Battery, the mining associated with that, the toxic waste disposal and energy required get rid of it.

The tires fling as much crap in the air as anything else.

It's all but impossible to build the power plants and grids to sustain this nonsense because the dipshit Environmentalist Church Cult is standing in the way.........
Yes, the batteries are totes dirty than oil. I hear people are vacationing in Alberta’s oil sands!

• Haha
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
look forward to the day we are all EV, than those trecherous fuks in the Middle East can go back to riding camels and we will no longer spend American lives and treasure doing their bidding for oil.
I've got some news for you...

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
...and the other part of the equation is the 1.5 - 2 ton car carrying all that toxic waste aka The Battery, the mining associated with that, the toxic waste disposal and energy required get rid of it.

The tires fling as much crap in the air as anything else.

It's all but impossible to build the power plants and grids to sustain this nonsense because the dipshit Environmentalist Church Cult is standing in the way.........
No dams

No nukes

And now they're getting mad a wind farms because of birds

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
People charge EV’s when they are home. In California it’s cheaper to charge your EV in the middle of the day then overnight.
if You’re running solar then yes. If youre not, then not even close. Sdg&E has super off peak from midnight to 6 at $.10/kWh versus $.59 from 4-9 pm. regular rate is $.39 or so. So an overnight 100% charge for most EVs is around $10.

Reactions: Mr Doof

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
if You’re running solar then yes. If youre not, then not even close. Sdg&E has super off peak from midnight to 6 at $.10/kWh versus $.59 from 4-9 pm. regular rate is $.39 or so. So an overnight 100% charge for most EVs is around $10.
With or with out solar, peak for SCE is 4-9PM or 5-8PM depending on your tariff.

SDG&E is similar with peak rates from 4-9PM

Are you sure you're not reading an industrial rate? I don't see anywhere where you can buy residential power for .10 per kw/h. The cheapest super off peak for SDGE I can see is .23.

California has abundant power in the middle of the day. So much so that at times during the year they have to pay other ISO's to take their surplus. That's why power is less expensive (but more expensive than anywhere else) during the middle of the day which in the past had been the peak hours.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
With or with out solar, peak for SCE is 4-9PM or 5-8PM depending on your tariff.

SDG&E is similar with peak rates from 4-9PM

Are you sure you're not reading an industrial rate? I don't see anywhere where you can buy residential power for .10 per kw/h. The cheapest super off peak for SDGE I can see is .23.

California has abundant power in the middle of the day. So much so that at times during the year they have to pay other ISO's to take their surplus. That's why power is less expensive (but more expensive than anywhere else) during the middle of the day which in the past had been the peak hours.

first plan. There’s a $16 flat fee but the overnight rates are well worth it.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
People charge EV’s when they are home. In California it’s cheaper to charge your EV in the middle of the day then overnight.
It isn’t cheaper to charge in the middle of the day (than in late off hours) in San Diego. The Tesla on-board computer allows an owner to program “when” to charge and then charges at that time. The lowest rate for SDGE consumers is between 12:00 a.m. and 6 a.m. Owners simply need to program their cars and remember to hook up the charger cable. Sold my 1969 Boss 302 (original condition) and used the $ to buy my wife a Tesla Model Y (small SUV). I think our electric bill last month was a little over $80 (think one fill up of the Boss 302).

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
If you are charging your EV on anything but wind or solar then you are a polluter and a phony.
That's such a stupid strawman, even for you.

Nobody claimed that EVs are 100% waste free or 100% renewable or 100% anything.

Nobody claimed that we we will or should be 100% fossil fuel free.

That's just you, building your stupid strawman.

EVs are leaps and bounds more environmentally friendly than ICE after everything is taken into account.

Change your diaper.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
No dams

No nukes

And now they're getting mad a wind farms because of birds
Dems are in support of turning active dams into hydro.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
The 2 Locomotives on that train are electric powered.

For a typically train lovin’ “progressive” you sure don’t know much about actual…..trains.

Does this not make you love trains even more?!!
I've never heard of battery operated locomotives.

That's just dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot