Electric skateboards?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
If you’re gonna do that, might as well just give up your dignity and go full-on One Wheel. Looks stupid… but is probably pretty fun

Reactions: Bman76

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I have a buddy who is into all sorts of wheeld toys and loves his one wheel.

haven’t seen him on a skateboard in a while come to think of it.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
I spent 4 years working for a company that made electric skateboards with hub motors. It was a unit you could mount in place of any rear truck with RKP geometry. Pretty awesome engineering, but the initial stoke wore out after a year or so. Bikes are more convenient for commuting (a lot safer too), and regular skateboards / longboards more fun for shredding. Plus anything electronic will fail you at some point. Most of our customers were male, >40 y/o and had more of a silicone valley than a surf/skate vibe to them

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
I was at the local skate park with my boy one evening and a grom rode his skateboard out of the park onto the footpath. There was a wall up to the footpath so the kid shouldn't have ridden it out there as he couldn't see what was coming along the footpath. Guy on a one wheel happened to be wizzing past at the same time and collected the kid.
Full yard sale collision. The guy's one wheel had bits and pieces of it strewn all over the place. Luckily neither of them were really hurt. Mad to watch it happen though.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022
I have a buddy who has one and loves it. He rides it all over the place. I tried it out a few days ago. I really don’t get it. It’s not for me.