Eel Grass problems

Jan 13, 2021
Eel Grass and kelp super thick at San Diego beaches presently. Anywhere else experiencing excess eel grass/kelp?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

The salt pond I grew up on in Rhode Island is full of eel grass. So much that it can wreak havoc on outboard engines at lower tides. Its highly indicative of the health of the pond which we’ve been eating clams, oyster, crab and fish from for decades. Just ate a tray of stuffies we made from cherrystones I dug up a few days ago.

IMG_8007.jpeg

Jan 13, 2021

The salt pond I grew up on in Rhode Island is full of eel grass. So much that it can wreak havoc on outboard engines at lower tides. Its highly indicative of the health of the pond which we’ve been eating clams, oyster, crab and fish from for decades. Just ate a tray of stuffies we made from cherrystones I dug up a few days ago.

View attachment 155859
Sweet!

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008

View attachment 155859
Quahogs?