Earthquake

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Felt the floor shaking
Nothing fell that I know of, but haven’t left my home office yet
But I’ll assume it broke my screen door which was already damaged by the wind the other day

• Haha
Reactions: ElOgro and Subway

Al Soldano

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 18, 2002
Pleasantville
Felt the floor shaking
Nothing fell that I know of, but haven’t left my home office yet
But I’ll assume it broke my screen door which was already damaged by the wind the other day
I'm glad you felt the floor shaking.
I'm glad nothing fell.
I'll be glad if your screen door broke.
I'll be extremely glad if Spoonfish caused the shaking unbeknownst to all involved.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
LOL there were two fours in NorCal last night.

I think the land the 'quake happens on can be a game changer though, and I thought parts of Manhattan in particular (like parts of SF) are built on centuries of trash and turds accumulating at the water's edge, and this means a smaller quake equals more shaking than a different....soil/substrate?

Maybe Kento and/or Doof will avocadosplain this to us lowly East Coasters.

• Haha
Reactions: tacos and TeamScam

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I go into fatalistic mode when Earthquakes hit. I definitely don't panic. I don't remember which earthquake it was but I remember one in which my mom came to my room almost hysterical, "It's an earthquake!!!" and I stayed under the covers and calmly replied, "What do you want me to do about it?"

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I go into fatalistic mode when Earthquakes hit. I definitely don't panic. I don't remember which earthquake it was but I remember one in which my mom came to my room almost hysterical, "It's an earthquake!!!" and I stayed under the covers and calmly replied, "What do you want me to do about it?"
Plenty of opportunity for you to go fatalistic here. This is from the last 48 hours.
1712338396263.jpeg
Big deal on the EC though.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Yep, same for me. As long as I know I'm in a safe place like home or work, I'll just ride it out and cleanup later. My wife on the other hand immediately starts yelling for everyone to run to a safe place.
Growing up in So Cal, it's easy to get used to all but the worst of them. 1712338743700.gif

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
This was my first. Had just got in the office and my desk started shaking.
Super weird feeling.
It's not uncommon for some people to get hit with vertigo at the start of a quake. It happens to me all the time and I immediately know what's going to happen. :bricks: