Drywall repair help in San Diego

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Anybody in the PB/La Jolla area have the experience and time to help a fellow erbb brotha out with some patch work in my ceiling? 3 holes about 4 inches long. I can have a 12 pack of the beer of your choice and possibly a lap dance from this stripper I met on Tinder for your services.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
why don't you route the cables in the ceiling while it's open?

Landloct

Kelly Slater status
Jul 18, 2002
GeoPac said:
Anybody in the PB/La Jolla area have the experience and time to help a fellow erbb brotha out with some patch work in my ceiling? 3 holes about 4 inches long. I can have a 12 pack of the beer of your choice and possibly a lap dance from this stripper I met on Tinder for your services.
Don't the illegals who performed that wiring abortion have any buddies that do drywall work? :shrug:

bloomies

Kelly Slater status
Sep 27, 2008
GeoPac said:

Does your neighbor know you're piggybacking on his cable..... :shrug:

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
The wires are running from my ceiling fan and canister lights to the light switch on the wall next to the front door. I plan on hiding them behind crown moulding after getting the holes patched. Had to run them this way due to the support beams up in the ceiling.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Same thickness (1/2" or 5/8") drywall sheet

Fix the same as ding on your board
Cut the hole in wall as straight and square as possible
Cut piece of dry wall same size as hole and secure with drywall clips or just use a piece of wood screwed from the inside of hole by two screws a 1/4" from out side of hole.
Run drywall tape around new piece and wall with the halfway mark running around the hole.
Apply first coat of joint compound but only apply over tape and just cover it.
After it dries sand lightly around patch but don't sand down to tape.
Apply joint compound to whole patch still lightly because you have to sand this
Sand flush and then apply texture with spray or use a paint roller with joint compound and a little water.
Allow to dry and prime and paint to match :cheers:

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
GeoPac said:
Can we see pictures of the, um, you know... 12 pack