"Drumpf is not a representation of me, or any of my friends or family. I no longer associate with anyone who voted for him."

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
Except she didn't say it, as evidenced by the video.
Except the content/inference of her recorded statement is substantially the same thing. The SNL joke was a good one, but doesn't fly as a deflection from Palin's idiotic talking point(s). Do you really want to devote energy to defending Sarah Palin?
I suspect we've all encountered Trump types (and Palin types) in our lives, but how many people here have actually interacted with Russian (or Soviet) citizens, I wonder...

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Except the content/inference of her recorded statement is substantially the same thing. The SNL joke was a good one, but doesn't fly as a deflection from Palin's idiotic talking point(s). Do you really want to devote energy to defending Sarah Palin?
I suspect we've all encountered Trump types (and Palin types) in our lives, but how many people here have actually interacted with Russian (or Soviet) citizens, I wonder...
He asked her about the proximity of Russia to Alaska. She pointed out that you can see russia from Alaska, which is true.

Palin is an annoying dope but you’re making more of a fool of yourself here than she ever did.

Tina Fey‘s joke was funny because it was based a little bit on an actual statement and twisted it to absurdity (which is good humor).

Reactions: Hump

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
He asked her about the proximity of Russia to Alaska. She pointed out that you can see russia from Alaska, which is true.
That's not what he asked.

1) She claimed that Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her advantage in her knowledge about Russia.

2) He asked what specific insights does her proximity to Russia give her.

3) She said I can see Russia from Alaska.

The fact that she didn't say "from my house" doesn't reduce the utter stupidity of that statement.

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019

Palin is an annoying dope but you’re making more of a fool of yourself here than she ever did.

Tina Fey‘s joke was funny because it was based a little bit on an actual statement and twisted it to absurdity (which is good humor).
Sarah Palin was absurd before Tina Fey got ahold of her.
You got nothin', except, like Palin, attitude backed up by ignorance.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That's not what he asked.

1) She claimed that Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her advantage in her knowledge about Russia.

2) He asked what specific insights does her proximity to Russia give her.

3) She said I can see Russia from Alaska.

The fact that she didn't say "from my house" doesn't reduce the utter stupidity of that statement.
Fecal is correct here

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Sarah Palin was absurd before Tina Fey got ahold of her.
You got nothin', except, like Palin, attitude backed up by ignorance.
I take it you weren’t a member of the Spiro Agnew fan club either.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Actually, proximity is a valid problem solving principle.

IF you want to solve a problem get closer,

Like go to the island where you can see it.