Driver 2.0 vs Driver 3.0

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
Driver 2.0 is the best HPSB I’ve ever ridden and works in a very wide range of conditions. In reading the description the 3.0, it seems like a tuned up version. 3.0 may be a better option if you spend the majority of your time in a bit better conditions? Newer isn’t always better. Anyone done serious time on both the 2.0 and 3.0 and can give their impressions?

Last edited:

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
I felt a 3.0 up while window shopping. The Driver 3.0 feels so good under the arm. Biolis did an amazing job with the foil. Rails feel excellent despite the boards being relatively thicker at my size.

coquearaujo

Miki Dora status
Aug 18, 2004
Nigrán, Galiza, Europe
www.waira.com
Driver 2.0 is the best HPSB I’ve ever ridden and works in a very wide range of conditions. In reading the description the 3.0, it seems like a tuned up version. 3.0 may be a better option if you spend the majority of your time in a bit better conditions? Newer isn’t always better. Anyone done serious time on both the 2.0 and 3.0 and can give their impressions?

Haven't tried the 3.0 but felt one and to me it felt like: wider nose and tail, "wider sweet spot" with lower rocker before the kick at the tail: so looked to me like it could work on worse conditions than the Driver 2.0 (I also think the 2.0 is one of the best HP surfboards I ever tried).

It would be interesting if anyone tried both.

Reactions: j_mac

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
It looks to me like it has a more accelerated kick in the tail but the rocker looks a bit flatter in the middle section. So, to my eye, the total rocker at the rear half would be almost the same but more concentrated towards the tail.

Does that makes sense in my rusted English?
Perfect sense.