Drew Brophy - in ICU w/ COVID fighting for his life

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
We're the numbers of people in the ICU less in the 3rd quarter?

Not a trick question.
Delta was the most crowded.

If I remember correctly. It kind of blends together.

Anyhow:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Are you insinuating he did something wrong?
You are with the study that you post a link to…

Conclusion
In severe COVID-19-infected patients who required admission to the ICU, the majority were vaccinated. However, the severity of illness and hospital mortality was significantly lower among vaccinated patients with breakthrough infections.
According to the study, had Brophy been vaccinated he would have had a significantly less sever illness.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
According to the study, had Brophy been vaccinated he would have had a significantly less sever illness.
Admission to the ICU (i.e. you require mechanical ventilation) is severe illness.

There is nothing that is not severe about mechanical ventilation for COVID 19.

Pretty much all (if not all) the patients we had that lived ended up like Mr. Brophy.

In fact, Mr. Brophy probably did better than many that lived.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Admission to the ICU (i.e. you require mechanical ventilation) is severe illness.

There is nothing that is not severe about mechanical ventilation for COVID 19.

Pretty much all (if not all) the patients we had that lived ended up like Mr. Brophy.

In fact, Mr. Brophy probably did better than many that lived.
Brophy was 20 years younger than those in the study, and most of the people in the study also had high blood pressure, diabetes, or lung disease. It seems unlikely that he would have gone to an ICU at all if he were vaccinated.

Anyway, obviously there’s a range of severity in illness of those admitted to an ICU unit.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Brophy was 20 years younger than those in the study, and most of the people in the study also had high blood pressure, diabetes, or lung disease. It seems unlikely that he would have gone to an ICU at all if he were vaccinated.
It was unlikely a young person would have been admitted to the ICU with COVID, period.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
From what I remember it felt young
young is one of the most relative descriptions

to a 50 year old, 50 may not be young, but to a 80 year old, it might be
to a 20 year old, 16 might be young
but to a 12 year old, 16 is old

50 felt young to me

• Love
Reactions: rowjimmytour