Does trip insurance make sense for Baja weather?

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
Dear Erbb Think Tank,

I am taking a fishing trip down in Cortez in early Sept out of La Paz or Barrilles area. Usually I like hurricanes down that way but this is a no surf trip- fishing only. Its only a 6 day trip with 3 days fishing. What is the likelihood of hurricanes disrupting that area in terms of fishing? Usually they pass south of Cabo and dont seem to impact that area. However, this is a weird year with a seemingly potent El Nino and high SST's all over.

Does trip insurance make sense for this time period? What does it cost for a short trip? Can you recommend any companies? Is it even necessary?

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
On travel in general my wife books things piece by piece on her own, not a package. She says that for the hotel part of a trip she usually only pays like one night up front so if we don't show up we're only on the hook for one night so she doesn't think its worth insuring the room part of a trip.

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
AAA has trip insurance built into their membership.
Our tow behind vehicle had trouble in Idaho on a trip and they covered hotel and meals for all of us while the car was in the shop. I didn’t even end up getting it repaired since it was just a tow behind and we were on our way home. But they did reimburse us for about $1500, no questions asked.

nit sure how international travel works but might be covered too.

• Wow
Reactions: PJ and Matilija