doctors bummed about spotify misinformation

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
We, the undersigned doctors, nurses, scientists, and educators thus call on Spotify to immediately establish a clear and public policy to moderate misinformation on its platform.
i love spotify

its literally my favorite thing on the internet

i like to invite those undersigned doctors, nurses, scientists and educators to suck my dong while they shove their fascist request for censorship right the fuck up their own tight little assholes

:dancing:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: afoaf

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
If you actually read through that list kidfury posted the titles aren't really impressive at all
Good catch :roflmao:

Forrest Valkai: Masters Student, University of Tulsa
Hayley Dewey-Hagborg, MS: Associate Scientist, Intellia Therapeutics
Jennifer Hickey: Senior Research Associate, Sherlock Biosciences
Haley Amplo: Graduate Researcher, Rutgers University Newark
Natalie Soto, MSc: Science Teacher

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot and Havoc

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Rogan is LifeOnMars learning

I do not think he is a good interviewer; he lacks the intellectual capacity
I think he is good in a personal way. Rogan is good at drawing ideas out of people. He's gotten better at not derailing into DMT and other meme themes.

That said, I do agree that he is not capable of discussing high level subjects with actual experts. Listening to him try to talk about string theory with a quantum physicist is like watching Lebron James play basketball with an 8 year old.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
also, if people were educated on logic and literacy you wouldn't fkn need to ask for people to be censored because people would have the tools to detect bullshit
I don't know if that is true.

Motivated reasoning makes people thinks stuff they wouldn't think was true if they weren't emotionally motivated to do so.

There is some brutish tribalism going on now.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yes. Character assassination based on lies has consequences.
I"M NOT TAKING HORSE MEDINCE WAHHHHHH! (I would argue it's slanting and not an overt lie) Ivermectin is used on horses.

So he's going to take the whole society down because a couple of far lefties hurt his feelings?

His hatred of the far left didn't send him to the middle; he went to the right.

I said to my DT friend that I am disturbed by the excesses of the far left and right.

He was like "THERE ARE NO EXCESSES on the FAR RIGHT!"

Ok

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
100%.

He also lacks empathy. I know that's a bad word around here (and so I italicized it for those who agree), but a good interviewer needs the capacity to empathize. Rogan just doesn't have it.

I recently watched a bit of the episode wherein David Choe speaks to Rogan about Anthony Bourdain. At some point Choe just looses it and breaks down, balling. Rogan had zero idea how to handle that situation. He fumbled around trying to say the right thing. It was embarrassing.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
100%.

He also lacks empathy. I know that's a bad word around here (and so I italicized it for those who agree), but a good interviewer needs the capacity to empathize. Rogan just doesn't have it.

I recently watched a bit of the episode wherein David Choe speaks to Rogan about Anthony Bourdain. At some point Choe just looses it and breaks down, balling. Rogan had zero idea how to handle that situation. He fumbled around trying to say the right thing. It was embarrassing.
Wrong. I've heard him empathize with countless guests when they share personal experiences. I've also heard him breakdown about Bourdain as well, who was also his friend. Those are complicated things to navigate as a host, especially when you have to hold it together and keep the flow of the show moving.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Rogan is LifeOnMars learning

it's just a circle jerk

(I do listen when you guys post stuff)

also, if people were educated on logic and literacy you wouldn't fkn need to ask for people to be censored because people would have the tools to detect bullshit
I don’t listen. Who has the time?

I find it surprising that anything is censored up there in this day and age.

Parents have left it up to someone else to help their kids develop those life skills. They’re too busy.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Wrong. I've heard him empathize with countless guests when they share personal experiences. I've also heard him breakdown about Bourdain as well, who was also his friend. Those are complicated things to navigate as a host, especially when you have to hold it together and keep the flow of the show moving.
I'll have to take your word for it because I am not entertained enough to give him any more of my time.

It's not that complicated. Let the dude cry. However, if dead air on the "number one podcast in the world" or whatever is a no-no because 90% of his listeners would be bored or confused by it, well, that I understand.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'll have to take your word for it because I am not entertained enough to give him any more of my time.
The episodes are long and they are a slog. I do enough work related driving so it works for me, but even then it's only ~10% of the episodes because I curate the episode I listen to.

It's not that complicated. Let the dude cry. However, if dead air on the "number one podcast in the world" or whatever is a no-no because 90% of his listeners would be bored or confused by it, well, that I understand.
I didn't listen to that episode so I can't give an opinion on whether he handled it well or not. Bourdain was Rogan's friend too. Either way I'm not sure it's fair to Monday Morning Quarterback those types of interactions unless someone says or does something truly offensive. Hindsight is always 20/20, especially from the outside looking in.