Do you think that the January 6th hearings should be televised in prime time?

Do you think that the January 6th hearings should be televised in prime time?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
STEPHANIE MURPHY: Recall that Greg Jacob, the vice president's counsel, stated that Mr. Eastman acknowledged he would lose 9 to 0 if his legal theory were challenged in the Supreme Court. Mr. Cipollone had reviewed Mr. Eastman's legal theory and expressed his view repeatedly that the vice president was right. He even offered to take the blame for the vice president's position. [Begin videotape]

PAT CIPOLLONE: I thought that the vice president did not have the authority to do what was being suggested under a proper reading of the law. I conveyed that.

UNKNOWN: Ok.

PAT CIPOLLONE: I think I actually — somebody, you know, in the vice president's — just blame me. This — you know, this is — I'm not a politician. You know, I don't — but, you know, I just said I'm a lawyer. This is my legal opinion. I — but let me tell you this. Can I say a word about the vice president, please? I think the vice president did the right thing.

I think he did the courageous thing. I have a great deal of respect for Vice President Pence. I've worked with him very closely. I think he understood my opinion. I think he understood my opinion afterwards as well. I think he did a great service to this country. And I think I suggested to somebody that he should be get — given the Presidential Medal of Freedom for — for his actions.

Transcript of the seventh Jan. 6 committee hearing on its investigation : NPR

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

11 House Republicans attended a White House meeting with Trump to strategize about overturning the election results on January 6. Six of them later asked for pardons.

The House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, offered new details on Tuesday about a meeting at the White House that involved several Republican members of Congress ahead of the meeting of the joint session of Congress to certify the 2020 presidential election.
Democratic Rep. Stephanie Murphy of Florida, a member of the committee, said the December 21 meeting was part of an effort to "disseminate his false claims and to encourage members of the public to fight the outcome on January 6."
Vice President Mike Pence, Rudy Giuliani, and Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff at the time, attended the meeting, along with President Donald Trump, Murphy said.
At the meeting, Murphy said the members discussed election theories pushed by Trump's personal lawyer John Eastman, who said he believed that Pence was able to single-handedly reject slates of electors in his role presiding over the joint session.
In reality, Pence's role was simply to count the votes. On Tuesday, the committee aired footage of Pat Cipollone, Trump's White House counsel. He was asked to address a comment attributed to him by another Trump advisor, Jason Miller, who quoted him as saying that Eastman's theory was "nutty." Cipollone declined to contradict that.
Cipollone said he tried to attend the meeting himself but was apparently turned away.
Here are the 11 House Republicans who were at the meeting, according to the White House visitor logs obtained by the January 6 panel:

surf dogcat got your tongue ?? )

Reactions: hal9000

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

11 House Republicans attended a White House meeting with Trump to strategize about overturning the election results on January 6. Six of them later asked for pardons.

The House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, offered new details on Tuesday about a meeting at the White House that involved several Republican members of Congress ahead of the meeting of the joint session of Congress to certify the 2020 presidential election.
Democratic Rep. Stephanie Murphy of Florida, a member of the committee, said the December 21 meeting was part of an effort to "disseminate his false claims and to encourage members of the public to fight the outcome on January 6."
Vice President Mike Pence, Rudy Giuliani, and Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff at the time, attended the meeting, along with President Donald Trump, Murphy said.
At the meeting, Murphy said the members discussed election theories pushed by Trump's personal lawyer John Eastman, who said he believed that Pence was able to single-handedly reject slates of electors in his role presiding over the joint session.
In reality, Pence's role was simply to count the votes. On Tuesday, the committee aired footage of Pat Cipollone, Trump's White House counsel. He was asked to address a comment attributed to him by another Trump advisor, Jason Miller, who quoted him as saying that Eastman's theory was "nutty." Cipollone declined to contradict that.
Cipollone said he tried to attend the meeting himself but was apparently turned away.
Here are the 11 House Republicans who were at the meeting, according to the White House visitor logs obtained by the January 6 panel:

Vote Dem in the midterms if you care about Democracy and basic human decency. Trump has run any decent Republican out of the party, only cowardly scumbag shills for Trump left.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

How many House Democrats have asked Clinton, Obama and Brandon for pardons collectively?

Reactions: mundus

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Peach Mint Harder!!!!!!! November is coming!!!!!!! You got him this time!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 133670
Now you trust CNN?

obvi people care about their lives getting shittier .

people can care about multiple things at the same time.

imagine:
damn, everything is more expensive, people are fighting about bullshit all of the time, our system of government is being pushed to the brink - all of this sucks.

thats how i feel

Reactions: manbearpig

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Now you trust CNN?

obvi people care about their lives getting shittier .

people can care about multiple things at the same time.

imagine:
damn, everything is more expensive, people are fighting about bullshit all of the time, our system of government is being pushed to the brink - all of this sucks.

thats how i feel
Mocking CNN dipwad.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
What are you looking to "get done"? Democrats have gotten a lot done and its been a total sh!t sandwich for the country. That's why they are gonna lose big in November.
let's make our money worth more, stop fighting about bullshit, and maintain an election system.

who cares about dems or repubs?

why so antagonistic? you are watching a pendulum swing from side to side and seemingly loving it, you get battered on both sides.