Do you live you're life to its full potential?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I've lived a pretty good life. I've achieved most everything I put my mind to. These days I wake up and think......sh!t my joints and muscles hurt. I come home from work and most days I'm ready to just fall asleep. Rinse and repeat. Its all down hill after about 43.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I do not live my life to it's full potential but I do try to make the best of each day. Every day that I wake up is a good one. Whether I'm sick, hungover or just plain ol' dog ass tired, I'm grateful to see another day. Surfing, fishing, my dogs and Netflix are all just bonuses in life. Family is a must have for me and I know I'd be a different person without my wife and son. Ooh, and gummy bears. I fricken love gummy bears. :facelick:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The mundanity of work is what it is but it puts food on the family table.

Aside from that, I absolutely still live life to the fullest although it can be a juggle with a lot of other responsibilities. But family and I are always doing something, just about every weekend. Very little idle time. I've done a lot in my life - maybe not as much as I could have in hindsight but no regrets at all. I am still doing the things I used to do but it's even cooler since I now get to see my kids stocked on all the stuff they get to see and do outdoors.

Am seriously looking forward to having a weekend alone with the wife in Idyllwild and hiking San Jacinto with her in a couple weeks. And then camping Sequoia with family after that. And then camping in San Clemente after that. And then... well, you get the picture. :smile2:

over the falls

Tom Curren status
Jan 11, 2002
clownburg the OC
Hey? You guys are doing good. It's about release and
WTF?? I only have one life on this blue marble. Do I excell and enjoy? Or do I fail and implode .
Pretty basic .

Eunice out!!!

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
otf said:
Hey? You guys are doing good. It's about release and
WTF?? I only have one life on this blue marble. Do I excell and enjoy? Or do I fail and implode .
Pretty basic .

Eunice out!!!
Excel and enjoy. Follow your passions.

No one ever looks back on their life and thinks of all the things they could have gotten done at work. Live life well, enjoy the time and fun with loved ones, everything else is peripheral inconsequential bullshit by comparison.

3dXman

Michael Peterson status
Mar 30, 2009
Koolville City
otf said:
Do you wake up and think? Today is going to be a great day. Or do you wake up and think ? Another day of work
family , bills and everyday life?

What say you?
Bend dover., #

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I think I do.

I drive a cubicle doing boring spreadsheet monkey stuff most days but it provides a decent living for my family and I don't dread doing the work. In some way I enjoy it and realize I'm lucky enough to have a job that I don't hate. Most times of the year I am home in time to play with my kids and cook dinner. I live in Hawaii next to good waves and have enough time to surf weekends and maybe after work if the swell is really good. Wife is a stay at home mom and keeps the ship on the right course. I wake up every day happy to be me. I have no complaints. Its my version of the best life.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I make the most of it. I only work 40 hours a week and 3 of that is for physical activity, so 37. I do spend more time traveling outside normal schedule.

I've had a good run of uncrowded surf my whole life. Grew up surfing DE, MD, VA, OBX. Mostly uncrowded. At times desolate. Surf DMJ and Mugu fairly uncrowded most of the time. IB is always uncrowded because of water quality.

My happiness depends alot on waves I'm surfing.

Surfed enough places to be happy but cant say I've "surfed all over the world".

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
GromsDad said:
I've lived a pretty good life. I've achieved most everything I put my mind to. These days I wake up and think......sh!t! It's been 6 hours since I've annoyed anybody on the Politics Forum! Warm up the keyboard, I've got some tRump d1ck to su(k. I come home from work and most days I'm ready to just fall asleep. Rinse and repeat. Its all down hill after about 43.
fixed that for you

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
i do my best but its give and take, day to day.

Some days I wake up thankful - sometimes Im bitter that I have to go to work.

Right now is the slow season for what I do so as a freelancer- Ive been straight chilling for most of July and it might look like August too. So now Im bitter I don't have work. lol

Trying to live life to the fullest but as a single guy in LA sh!t gets boring. Surf in the morning, gym, than what to do for the rest of the day while all your friends and bootycalls are at work? Seriously open to rec's. Anything to keepbusy.

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
Rather than waste my time on the planet chasing a carrot on a stick, I try to make the most of what's in front of me. Sure, having no money prevents me from doing some of the things I'd like to do,like travel, but on the other hand, I'm not trapped in a cubicle like I used to be. One thing I know for sure is that no one's dying thought has ever been "I wish I'd spent more time at work." :shrug: I may be stuck surfing crappy crowded waves, but at least I'm surfing.

I'm sure a lot of materialistic, suckcess-obsessed types would say that I've wasted my life playing music for no money,surfing, and generally playing hooky from adulthood, but I bet I've had more fun than they've had. :jam_on:

We're all gonna die anyway. All the cash and prizes in the world won't change that. So who cares?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
As many others have said, I do my best. I love my job and it’s mostly exciting and new everyday. If you’re not on your toes you’ll hurt yourself or much worse with ease. But I find it extremely gratifying. I get frustrated with how little surf time I get, mostly due to where I live but I do my best to do some traveling and get out when I can. I still struggle with settling down here and not sure I will.