Do you have a landline telephone?

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
I have a landline at work, but at home, hell no. Before we retired that useless home landline many years ago it was only calls from solicitors and such. I still have the number memorized for my Von's Club password, for the rare times I go to Von's.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
you folks have no idea what happens behind the veils
you'd be surprised how many millions of dollars moves around the world via fax.
Very hard to hack a hard line unless you physically tap it
everything else is out in the open and widely available to steal across continents
data packets are amazing on how they work
the internet was our downfall
it should've stayed private

I don't feel sorry for all the electricity addicts when there's nothing to plug the thing into
airports are the worst
no better than a riding a costco wavestorm everyone here looks down on
Off your meds, or just random oldcunt rant?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
you folks have no idea what happens behind the veils
you'd be surprised how many millions of dollars moves around the world via fax.
Very hard to hack a hard line unless you physically tap it
everything else is out in the open and widely available to steal across continents
data packets are amazing on how they work
the internet was our downfall
it should've stayed private
the irony of this is that, as often as not, after being relayed in a quasi-secure fashion, the received fax is sitting there on paper, in the tray of the fax device/machine, plainly visible to anyone walking by. i literally see this on a daily basis.

Last edited:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
title companies are lazy
They don't want to reenter and they don't want call back verification
they have allot of money so they get what they want
by pass security SOP
any company with allot of money gets to bypass security protocols or they walk
plus no matter how stupid they act they always want someone else to take the loss like the rest of you
everyone's a wise a** til they take a big hit then the wining starts
but that's life
you be amazed of how much money is being stolen by BEC

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
That's awesome. In my experience she's exceptional. It would be interesting to do some science similar to the marshmallow experiment and figure out what drives her (and others like her) ability and how it correlates to success in other areas of life.
Yeah, I don't know. She had snapchat for like a month, and was like, whoa, that's too much, and deleted her account.

She also has a lock on handling her school/work/play time.

She's just very wise, I guess. Weird.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Data packets sent via email are far more secure then faxes.

Emails with attachments that are encypted with password protection are far more secure then faxes.

Double if the email is protected by encryption and digital signature as well as the attachment.

Most companies have email servers that support this.

even if you were sending over public email like gmail- encrypting the file with password is still better then fax.

People that think fax is best don’t really understand.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I still remember as a kid in the early 90s seeing how pissed off my Mom was when she realized she’d been renting a crap phone from the phone company for $12/month for over a decade :ROFLMAO: It was in the basement and hardly used, which is why it went forgotten for so long- at $12/month in 80s/90s dollars. Yikes :poop:
Same here. I remember my parents having the same conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Data packets sent via email are far more secure then faxes.

Emails with attachments that are encypted with password protection are far more secure then faxes.

Double if the email is protected by encryption and digital signature as well as the attachment.

Most companies have email servers that support this.

even if you were sending over public email like gmail- encrypting the file with password is still better then fax.

People that think fax is best don’t really understand.
The medical industry still thinks fax is best. Their justification bizarrely enough is a strange notion that a piece of paper coming out of a device and could end up in anyone's hands is more secure than something that can only be viewed by people who are properly logged into a computer system.