Dinosaur Jr Belly Up

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I saw pics on ig from one of the Brixton twins (I can never remember which is which). Looked cool

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
I would have paid good money to see this had I known.

Where the hell do you people get your concert info? I miss this kind of stuff all the time, this show never even popped up on my radar.
Sign up for emails from Belly Up and get 1st dibs on tickets. I actually had an extra for last night I sold at the door for less than I paid. Wifey was sick.
They're playing tonight and I'm going again!
Andre the scalper dood who hangs out there had 6 extra tix last night, I'm sure he's got a few for tonight.
Sells them for face value.

You should head up and try to get one.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I would have paid good money to see this had I known.

Where the hell do you people get your concert info? I miss this kind of stuff all the time, this show never even popped up on my radar.
Because your algorithm is nothing but tranny storybook time fury and articles about people with low volume feet and shrinking pepis. Maybe start reading about other things like music?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Sign up for emails from Belly Up and get 1st dibs on tickets. I actually had an extra for last night I sold at the door for less than I paid. Wifey was sick.
They're playing tonight and I'm going again!
Andre the scalper dood who hangs out there had 6 extra tix last night, I'm sure he's got a few for tonight.
Sells them for face value.

You should head up and try to get one.
What does this Andre guy look like and where does he lurk?

surf-shot.com

Nep status
Feb 10, 2008
www.surf-shot.com
Did J Mascis have 3 Marshall full stacks still?
YES! 3 full stacks in the Belly Up was over the top loud!
Standing this close was blistering loud. I only lasted 2 songs until I had to retreat to the bar. haha
I've heard Dinosaur Jr shows are LOUD. Right up there with bands like Motorhead, My Bloody Valentine and the Melvins.
I have decently thick modern windows and I watched them flex in.
Sonic boom from maneuvers out to sea or test shelling at Camp P.?
There used to be some speculation that listening to classical music made kids smarter:
I'm reasonably certain listening to dyno-bore junior made me stupider

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Belchfire1

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I've heard Dinosaur Jr shows are LOUD. Right up there with bands like Motorhead, My Bloody Valentine and the Melvins.
I've seen the Melvins a few times from a few inches away, tonite's show was louder.

I wore plugs most of the night and I'm still pretty deaf.

TBH it was too loud 50% of the time...

As in, if I've listened to a song a few hundred times and the band is in tune and I can't recognize it live until the middle of the song it's too loud.

I'm not sure if it's where I was in relation to the stage or the way the sound was setup but this happened on a few occasions and at some points they sounded just plain bad...it wasn't the band it was the sound.

A good time though, and thanks for the tix info Belch.

Last edited:

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
I've seen the Melvins a few times from a few inches away, tonite's show was louder.

I wore plugs most of the night and I'm still pretty deaf.

TBH it was too loud 50% of the time...

As in, if I've listened to a song a few hundred times and the band is in tune and I can't recognize it live until the middle of the song it's too loud.

I'm not sure if it's where I was in relation to the stage or the way the sound was setup but this happened on a few occasions and at some points they sounded just plain bad...it wasn't the band it was the sound.

A good time though, and thanks for the tix info Belch.
Awesome that you actually went to the show. It was def a good one. I managed to hang at the side of the stage and the sound was almost pleasant.

Attachments

Reactions: casa_mugrienta