Deplorables in Paris, France,

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
GDaddy said:
The part I like the most are the two diametrically opposing themes:

The mainstream media isn't capable of driving public opinion. All they can do is report it.

Russian bot meddling in social media is driving public opinion.
Haha. That's funny. This is what we've heard from Conservatives since Trump took office:

Russian bot meddling in social media (which is not an accurate description, but ok) couldn't possibly have any effect on voters. Who cares if they were actively spreading targeted lies?

The mainstream media are the ones driving public opinion with all their lies. "Fake news" is the biggest enemy of the American people.

I guess it's all about perspective. :shrug:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
Such a joke. Being anti-globalism doesn't mean being xenophobic or even anti-trade

But you can go ahead and keep feeling
Give me a quick rundown on what a person who is pro-free-trade but anti-globalism would look like.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
sizzld1 said:
GDaddy said:

The mainstream media isn't capable of driving public opinion. All they can do is report it.

Haha. That's funny. This is what we've heard from Conservatives since Trump took office:

Russian bot meddling in social media (which is not an accurate description, but ok) couldn't possibly have any effect on voters who cares if they were actively spreading targeted lies.

The mainstream media are the ones driving public opinion with all their lies. "Fake news" is the biggest enemy of the American people.

I would think the matter of scale and the amount of resources involved would figure in there somewhere. But, some people seem to disagree.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GDaddy said:
sizzld1 said:
GDaddy said:

Russian bot meddling in social media (which is not an accurate description, but ok) couldn't possibly have any effect on voters who cares if they were actively spreading targeted lies.

I would think the matter of scale and the amount of resources involved would figure in there somewhere. But, some people seem to disagree.
What about the amount of falsity? We've asked over and over again for proof of all this fake news and all we get is a handful of stories, most of which were later corrected.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
GDaddy said:
sizzld1 said:
GDaddy said:

I would think the purposeful/tailored lies and targeting of specific voters would matter. But some people seem to disagree.

Keep in mind we're talking about something like 20,000-30,000 votes total that allowed Trump to win the Presidency while getting crushed in the popular vote.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
lots of straw man.

Fancy Bear is driven by the GRU...so I was correct the first time when I said Russia.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
sizzld1 said:
GDaddy said:
sizzld1 said:
GDaddy said:

I would think the purposeful/tailored lies and targeting of specific voters would matter. But some people seem to disagree.

Keep in mind we're talking about something like 20,000-30,000 votes total that allowed Trump to win the Presidency while getting crushed in the popular vote.
I don't know how similar the two were/are.

Using FB data stolen by Cambridge Analytica to target specific people in key voting districts with misleading memes and or outright lies, vs a left biased MSM. It was like the 2.0 version of chain emails your racist aunt would forward to you. :shrug:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
GDaddy said:
straw man.

literally no one has said that the media isn't capable of driving public opinion.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
GDaddy said:

I introduced the idea in this post that Russian were thought to have done stuff on social media.

Caca and Ifal pounced on that chance to attribute substitute that I was saying or implying the Russian had caused it.

Not that it matters but I never said or implied the russians caused the protests with their socilal media meddling.

It's like the game of telephone.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
StuAzole said:
In America, Antifa runs all protests and they're paid by Soros."
Link?

In France, the good people are rising up against economic inequality, sticking it to the elites.

Got it.
It makes sense people would be more likely to protest when it hits them where it counts (wallet).

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
frvcvs said:
We've already seen what Russian operatives have done to our democracy with the use of social media in 2016, why is it unreasonable to think they can motivate a bunch of frogs to riot over taxes? It doesn't necessarily mean their views and EMOSHINZ aren't real, but it's not at all implausible that there has been a nefarious push on social media to push them over the edge. Or is George Soros really the only one capable of that sort of thing?
This is the sh!t that's ridiculous.

First of all, the French are the undisputed world champions of rioting and unrest, they've been doing this for literally centuries. Did Russian trolls help out in 1792? 1871? 1968? The internet is just today's version of pamphlets and newspapers, ie, propaganda and noise. They might be fuel but to think it's a catalyst is pure hysteria.

And I'm still wondering how a new form of propaganda is "destroying democracy". People still made their own choice (even if you think it's the wrong one). Foreign propaganda has always existed. Moreover, the country has been divided since day one. If we don't have a good enemy to unite ourselves (an "other) we fight amongst ourselves.

Ken Burns' Civil War is on Netflix right now if you need a refresher course

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Autoprax said:
GDaddy said:

I introduced the idea in this post that Russian were thought to have done stuff on social media.

Caca and Ifal pounced on that chance to attribute substitute that I was saying or implying the Russian had caused it.

Not that it matters but I never said or implied the russians caused the protests with their socilal media meddling.

Mentioning Russian "meddling" is implying cause when based on our usual conversations about "meddling"

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
It's not the rioting and unrest that stand out; it's the (apparently) large amount of public support for their views and how the unrest is reportedly spreading to Belgium and the Netherlands.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ifallalot said:
Autoprax said:
GDaddy said:

Mentioning Russian "meddling" is implying cause when based on our usual conversations about "meddling"
Or do you just immediately infer a claim of causation?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
"Organic Popular Uprising" - is the name of my new EDM band.

We will play in brown costumes and wrapped in American flags.

Mini-EP out soon.... featuring "America First" and "We Built This" ft. Gavin McSpencer

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
ifallalot said:
Autoprax said:
GDaddy said:

That was not what I was implying.

You and caca made the substitution at a subconscious intuitive level and were wrong.

Do you want to argue with me about something I didn't assert?

thrillkicker

Nep status
Mar 16, 2009
FecalFace said:
"Organic Popular Uprising" - is the name of my new EDM band.

We will play in brown costumes and wrapped in American flags.

Mini-EP out soon.... featuring "America First" and "We Built This" ft. Gavin McSpencer
Will you be performing with a carrot up your ass? :dancing:

Show us your mini-epp. :hah: