Democrats Call For Flags To Be Flown At Half-Mast To Grieve Death Of Soleimani

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Democrats Call For Flags To Be Flown At Half-Mast To Grieve Death Of Soleimani

WASHINGTON, D.C.—At a press conference held on Capitol Hill Friday, mourning Democrat leaders called for flags to be flown half-mast to honor the death of Qasem Soleimani.

Flags were spotted flying at half-mast around the country, notably at The Washington Post, The New York Times, and in front of several celebrities' homes. The celebrities went out and bought an American flag for the first time just to fly it at half-mast for this important time of grief.

"The grieving process is painful but necessary," said Rep. Ilhan Omar. "As a nation, we need to stop and grieve this great, austere, revered religious scholar. He was one of the good ones."

In a rare moment of unity with The Squad, Pelosi gave each of the girls a hug, telling them to just "let it all out" in their time of sadness.

Ocasio-Cortez didn't seem to know what was happening but adjusted her glasses to look smart.

A teary-eyed Barack Obama was also seen solemnly lowering the flag in front of his seaside mansion. "To think, this all could have been prevented with a few pallets of cash." He sighed and stared off into the distance, a look of pain and regret on his face. "If only Trump had targeted a U.S. citizen with a drone strike instead."

Later, Democrats clarified they meant we should fly the Iranian flag at half-mast, not the "offensive and problematic" American flag.

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
TEHRAN (FOX News) —Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, is “completely baffled” as to why he appears to be the only dictator whom Donald J. Trump does not like, the autocrat said on Monday.

Speaking to reporters in Tehran, the long-reigning tyrant expressed puzzlement and dismay that Trump had not given him the adulation that he has showered on seemingly every other totalitarian in the world.

“Trump loves Vladimir Putin and Mohammed bin Salman, and he’s even given Kim Jong Un a cute nickname, but, for some mysterious reason, I leave him cold,” the visibly saddened Ayatollah said. “I just don’t get it.”

Khamenei initially tried not to take Trump’s distaste for him personally, he said, “but when it became clear that he liked even second-tier strongmen like Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, of Turkey, and Rodrigo Duterte, of the Philippines, I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt.”

One possible reason Trump might dislike him, the Ayatollah theorized, is that “he just doesn’t realize how repressive I am.”

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
Its satire you dumb fuk. Satire that points out the way people like you see the world and that really pisses you off so you resort to the old playbook of calling things you can't come up with a good response to racist.
It’s satire that has a real chance (and may even be intended) to mislead, you goddamned idiot

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
Please do a point by point on the original linked story. It pisses you guys off because it nails your side to the wall.
A satire within a satire. You’re the unwitting subject of the parody, my friend.