Defund the Police

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
How can people think this is a good idea?

What kind of people will take the job if they are paid peanuts?

How will they afford the necessary training they need?

How does this jibe in the places where the 2nd Amendment has been neutered?

Don't get me wrong, I hate government overspending more than anything and ideally I'd love to see people protect themselves but there's a lot of steps that need to happen to make that work

A legitimate function of government is to protect property and safety of the populace, unfortunately, this usually takes armed agents of the state to happen.

This is a bad idea that exists on both the left and the libertarian sides

• Dislike
Reactions: hal9000

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I think the cops need a lot more training.

I do however think we should remove the post-9/11 homeland security funding that’s providing them with all their paramilitary toys and fancy intimidating riot gear. Show up to a protest dressed for battle and what do you expect to happen?

they should take away their battle wagons too. Make them walk the beat on foot with a revolver and a night stick the old way.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think the cops need a lot more training.

I do however think we should remove the post-9/11 homeland security funding that’s providing them with all their paramilitary toys and fancy intimidating riot gear. Show up to a protest dressed for battle and what do you expect to happen?
Agree

The question is would the public favor the National Guard being called up instead? If I'm not mistaken during the late 1960s they were patrolling the streets with machine guns.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
How can people think this is a good idea?
People who lack perspective
People who have problems with authority
People who engage in criminality

What kind of people will take the job if they are paid peanuts?
Paying cops peanuts is how you get ineffective and corrupt policing.

We can see many examples of this throughout the planet and throughout our own history.

Reactions: Ifallalot

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Are posting from the shower? There’s no way you had a proper wank. It’s only been like 3min. Sad.
:ROFLMAO:

Is the top of your head flat? I mean, can I set cup of raisin jack up there? Don't worry about the teeth. That'll be taken care of. You won't be be needing the kneepads though right? That's great. As my basketball coach used to say, "You can't coach height." You're going to do great in here!!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Forget defunding their police. How about defunding their settlements. If police misconduct settlements started coming from their funding or better yet their pensions maybe they’ll think twice before they do half the sh!t they do? You guys killed an unarmed man and there’s gonna be a $10 million settlement? Sell the dept tank and take the rest out of their pensions. Pretty sure they won’t be looking the other way next time it happens.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Forget defunding their police. How about defunding their settlements. If police misconduct settlements started coming from their funding or better yet their pensions maybe they’ll think twice before they do half the sh!t they do? You guys killed an unarmed man and there’s gonna be a $10 million settlement? Sell the dept tank and take the rest out of their pensions. Pretty sure they won’t be looking the other way next time it happens.

100%

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Ok

What about the unions?
You’re late...

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
People who lack perspective
People who have problems with authority
People who engage in criminality

Paying cops peanuts is how you get ineffective and corrupt policing.

We can see many examples of this throughout the planet and throughout our own history.
We need to start letting people defend themselves. Police have only been around since the Metropolitan Act of 1829. Prior to that, we had men.

I'm careful what I wish for but it's time many people on here experienced a dose of reality. I'm in favor of letting people experience the consequences of their words, attitudes, and actions. I'm grateful for the safety police provide but it's clear they've been too much of a buffer between our decadence and the consequences. Sooner or later, everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Neuter the unions, get rid of the warrior cop training and military gear, actually hold them accountable for their crimes. Does anyone realize crime us at an all time low?