Defecation (Pt. II)

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Bathroom stalls with no doors - when it's time to take a dump - do you or don't you?

And if you do, what do you do while you're doing? Stare at the floor? Apologize to the poor souls who happen upon you accidentally?

In coastal areas this is a problem most surfers have had to deal with at least once Especially those of you who confessed to shitting twice in the morning.

Whatever the reason for the lack of doors - cheap city councils, deterring gay cruising, corrosion issues - becomes irrelevant when a turtle is poking its head.

A particularly memorable experience in this genre was when I was in my early 20s and making a drive north...in Lompoc I had needed to sh!t but said "Fuck it, can hold it 'til Pismo." And by Pismo I really needed to go - the sense of urgency increased dramatically as I pulled into the pier parking lot on a summer's day. You can imagine my dismay when upon entering the restroom there were indeed no doors. But I had to go. And there was no fvckin way any business in the area was going to let me use theirs. With the amount of traffic in the bathroom at least 5% of male population of Bakersfield must've had the misfortune of seeing me in one of my most vulnerable moments. Including the kid that just stood there and stared for about 5 seconds that felt like 5 hours. WTF.

This thread is dedicated to @tenover .

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yeah like you said, if I am desperate enough to use a public shitter then I’m going, door or not.

One good thing to come from the proliferation of Starbucks is they tend to have good and clean(ish) shitters. On 101 you are rarely more than 20 minutes in either direction. However I’ve been skunked by a few in Salinas that get hammered by homeless people and don’t offer one.

Mid+ range hotels, especially those with conference rooms, are also a safe bet for multiple stall clean bathrooms. Target is good too.

Reactions: npsp

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yeah like you said, if I am desperate enough to use a public shitter then I’m going, door or not.

One good thing to come from the proliferation of Starbucks is they tend to have good and clean(ish) shitters. On 101 you are rarely more than 20 minutes in either direction. However I’ve been skunked by a few in Salinas that get hammered by homeless people and don’t offer one.
Nice thing about Starbucks is after that lawsuit a few years back I think they're required to let you use the bathroom.

Mid+ range hotels, especially those with conference rooms, are also a safe bet for multiple stall clean bathrooms. Target is good too.
Yup.

A wave and a nod to the folks at the front desk during off peak hours to indicate you mean no harm and generally wards off any "Can I help you?"

Morning and afternoons you can just blend in.

Reactions: grapedrink

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
This thread gives me an idea.

Next time I run into (pun intended) a doorless stall to sh|t, I'm gonna sit backwards, facing the wall. Why have we not though of this before? Someone might think I'm jerking off but that would just be funny.
You might get arrested but at least you could avoid eye contact, or worse seeing someone you know.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Oh there are some 4-sh!t mornings depending on previous night's consumption. I try to clear all that before I leave the house. But yes, been left very needy at times. The bathroom at the bottom of Wisconsin Street in Oside is not desirable. But at least it has a concrete wall sorta as a shield?

I can't recall ever using a barracks-style shitter before where you're in the wide open. Good reason to carry a newspaper.

But I have unhesitatingly used the women's shitter when the need was great and either line too long for the men's or there was no toilet paper. Have also gotten busted too. Luckily, women do like doors in their shitters.

On a long road trip once and was a long way between rest stops, magically like heavenly choir-accompanied, do I see a port-a-potty right on the shoulder of the highway. Yes, it's probably bad inside but when you have to go... I screech to a stop, almost trip getting out of the car, bowels are about in unclench in relief. And there's a padlock on the door. Oh motherfooker. That turtle felt the presence of daylight and there was no pushing it back so ended up leaning against the back of the port-a-potty, and take one of the more satisfying shits in my life. So satisfying I didn't notice until too late that I was also pissing directly into my pants, which were down at my ankles. It didn't matter. :roflmao:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
as I've said on other threads, I've shat at pretty much every single surf spot from IB to oceanside (and many more out of town).

Door? damn in many cases there wasn't even a bathroom around so just the fact that a toilet is there is all I need lol

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Oh there are some 4-sh!t mornings depending on previous night's consumption. I try to clear all that before I leave the house. But yes, been left very needy at times. The bathroom at the bottom of Wisconsin Street in Oside is not desirable. But at least it has a concrete wall sorta as a shield?

I can't recall ever using a barracks-style shitter before where you're in the wide open. Good reason to carry a newspaper.

But I have unhesitatingly used the women's shitter when the need was great and either line too long for the men's or there was no toilet paper. Have also gotten busted too. Luckily, women do like doors in their shitters.

On a long road trip once and was a long way between rest stops, magically like heavenly choir-accompanied, do I see a port-a-potty right on the shoulder of the highway. Yes, it's probably bad inside but when you have to go... I screech to a stop, almost trip getting out of the car, bowels are about in unclench in relief. And there's a padlock on the door. Oh motherfooker. That turtle felt the presence of daylight and there was no pushing it back so ended up leaning against the back of the port-a-potty, and take one of the more satisfying shits in my life. So satisfying I didn't notice until too late that I was also pissing directly into my pants, which were down at my ankles. It didn't matter. :roflmao:
Hahahaha.

I use single occupancy women's restrooms all the time. It's fucking 2022 ferfuxache. Every now and then I get a look, but I don't care. They are also generally cleaner than men's rooms.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The one at the Harbor is worse.

It's vandalized by the homeless every night. They clog the toilets with whatever they can. Some are left overflowing, others just stuffed.

Which is a nightmare cause I've had to crap on top of a bunch of garbage that will have to be physically removed from the bowl...my apologies to the janitorial staff that arrives later those mornings.:oops::shrug:

JTS

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 22, 2004
Ha ha laughing at all these stories
Worked at a shipyard for a long time, parts of it were very old and they really weren’t too worried about negative yelp reviews about bathrooms
I remember going into one that not only didn’t have doors , but what could be described as “stalls” (about 5 or 6 in a line) only went up about 4 foot high and 3 feet forward , I guess so workers couldn’t hide out .

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
Had to dump in the bathroom under the lifeguard station at Bruce’s in MB that doesn’t have any doors, just a low divider between stalls. Some dude with face tats sits in the stall next door, said thanks for courtesy flushing, and went on about how not courtesy flushing was a big deal when he was in prison

Could never bring myself to sh!t in the trestles porto potties

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
This thread gives me an idea.

Next time I run into (pun intended) a doorless stall to sh|t, I'm gonna sit backwards, facing the wall. Why have we not though of this before? Someone might think I'm jerking off but that would just be funny.
Although this sounds like a good idea in theory, you would be forced to take your pants all the way off to do this.

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
I just place a plastic grocery bag in a cardboard box, and sh!t in that. Easy clean up and disposal.

You guys are too dependent on other people to accommodate your shits...Gets with the homeless program already!