Darks Arts EPS and Carbon Fiber Surfboards

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Yep….Absolutely would help. This is my quiver of poly/carbon/epoxy boards from a local SoBay shaper Andy Prunuar(Proper Surf & Foil boards) - I sprayed them with water based from Montana Colors(what surfboard lam shops use when not airbrushing)

View attachment 175608View attachment 175609View attachment 175610
Perfect! Thanks.

Reactions: waxurDyl

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Yep….Absolutely would help. This is my quiver of poly/carbon/epoxy boards from local SoBay shaper/shredder Andy Prunuar(Proper Surf & Foil boards) - I sprayed them with water based from Montana Colors(what surfboard lam shops use when not airbrushing)
View attachment 175608View attachment 175609View attachment 175610
how many coats and did you clear coat after?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Has anyone gotten a DA or other carbon board with the bottom tinted?

Maybe im missing something but it makes more sense to have the bottom be a lighter color so I could set the board down bottom side up in the sun for more than two seconds without it cooking...

The all black boards arent a huge issue here in the PNW but it sometimes sucks to be unable to chill on the beach for a few mins on a sunny day before or after a session.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdsrfr and oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Has anyone gotten a DA or other carbon board with the bottom tinted?

Maybe im missing something but it makes more sense to have the bottom be a lighter color so I could set the board down bottom side up in the sun for more than two seconds without it cooking...

The all black boards arent a huge issue here in the PNW but it sometimes sucks to be unable to chill on the beach for a few mins on a sunny day before or after a session.
Yup this makes sense

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Just ask him to do a spray that makes it look like a FireWire Volcanic rub.
See how quickly he erupts.
haha. I'm gonna tell him I want it to look like a flying saucer from outer space! lol.

Maybe I should have @santacruzin paint some planets on it like his Vanguard! lol