Darks Arts EPS and Carbon Fiber Surfboards

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
How long was your wait time? I've got a buddy who is currently dying to get his vegan fish.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Repair guy up here posted a couple different DA's that had rail impact which ended up cracking the whole width of the board. Weird. Also couple fully buckled DA Ghosts. I think the carbon just makes them more pressure dent resistant not necessarily stronger. Mine has cracked super easily after a couple bumps against hard objects. The glass is brittle. Compare this to my Hess boards glassed with epoxy bio resin, which i've banged on all kinds of sh!t and will not crack.

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I've never had an all black board. (never will) I did have one though that had black resin rail bands about 5 inches wide all the way around. It was amazing how much heat those black rails could generate just biking from my house to the beach or sitting on the sand for 5 minutes in direct sun on a July day.
Turned out to be good mistake but only black board I got was rails only with jade green deck and bottom. Board is pu/epoxy 6/4 6 s glass color was sprayed. When I picked her up black rails was more like purple or what I dubbed purple haze and Malcom was so worried I would be pissed. Nope turned out really kool and no worries about sun :cheers: