Daniel Jones Twin

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
reforest triggered bc u got this instead of a fireturd lolz
Nah. He knows how I feel about a locally made boar vs a mass produced overseas made boar.

What I find funny is I could get a custom boar from Akila Aipa, Mike Woo and of course Wade Tokoro if I wanted to. And the boar would cost less than a FW/SD. Except maybe the Woo, would have to wait for one of the boys to go to Bali and pay for shipping or extra air fare. I do have a way to get a bro deal from FW but I’ve passed every single time. Haha.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
RCP must be pretty fun if you're ordering another board from him. Stoked for ya
It’s been fun. I even texted Kerry Tokoro if he could make me one of his HIC performance models in a twin. Since HIC still owes me boars. He said he could and we exchanged another text. When I asked another question he said he was super busy and to put in the order and he’ll call me when he designs it. I forgot what time the year it is for them. Got the call you later brush off. Haha.

I’ll just wait til after the holidays to order something from Kerry. But he’s going to get rush orders from the visiting CT pros up to February. The new CT schedule makes the visiting pro season much longer.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
What fins you gonna rock with?
I told Daniel I’ve been using the T2’s on the 5’9 and it’s been going good. He said those will work on this boar.

I picked up the boar at his sister’s house. She lives in a nice neighborhood. That’s why the lawn looks so good. Was going to stand the boar up against the plumeria tree to get a better pic but was worried with the round tail it would tip over. Plus the boar feels like it has so much action I know it just wants to hit something. Haha.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Wha? How big is that? I thought you ordered the Yury Pro Midlength model

edit: probably best I’ve seen Yury surf was on that boar

edit2: that Veía string looks real nice

• Haha
Reactions: teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Took it out for a surf at the NS regular. Lots of water moving, current, lots of paddling. Some wash thrus. Waves were tricky but if you got the right one it could be good.

First wave I whipped on a medium one that stood up right on me. Boar handled the late drop great into the bottom turn. Wave tapered off so I kicked out.

Feeling confident the boar could handle the sets which were a few feet overhead I got a bomb that two of the regulars were a little too far out to catch. Made the drop easily. It was a long wave but mostly just raced sections. When the wave slowed down on the inside did a carve that felt solid.

This 6’0 is different from my 5’9 Rick Cane boar. The bottom is a double inside of a single to flat and much more subtle than the RC. The RC is fast as soon as you stand up. This 6’0 is fast but much more sensitive/dependent on rider input. Got a set that I was pretty deep, tons of speed on the drop but when I hit a flat soft section of the wave I gave it a few wiggles and the boar took off and connected the inside section.

I can tell this boar will be fun when the waves are cleaner and hollow if it rode well today.

Surfed with 2 of Daniel’s high school classmates. One of them told me DJ has 5 different twin fin model. Not sure what this one is called but so far it’s money.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Took it out for a surf at the NS regular. Lots of water moving, current, lots of paddling. Some wash thrus. Waves were tricky but if you got the right one it could be good.

First wave I whipped on a medium one that stood up right on me. Boar handled the late drop great into the bottom turn. Wave tapered off so I kicked out.

Feeling confident the boar could handle the sets which were a few feet overhead I got a bomb that two of the regulars were a little too far out to catch. Made the drop easily. It was a long wave but mostly just raced sections. When the wave slowed down on the inside did a carve that felt solid.

This 6’0 is different from my 5’9 Rick Cane boar. The bottom is a double inside of a single to flat and much more subtle than the RC. The RC is fast as soon as you stand up. This 6’0 is fast but much more sensitive/dependent on rider input. Got a set that I was pretty deep, tons of speed on the drop but when I hit a flat soft section of the wave I gave it a few wiggles and the boar took off and connected the inside section.

I can tell this boar will be fun when the waves are cleaner and hollow if it rode well today.

Surfed with 2 of Daniel’s high school classmates. One of them told me DJ has 5 different twin fin model. Not sure what this one is called but so far it’s money.
Unpossible. Reforest has already told us the roundpin twin is not a valid design.