D.I.Y. Skate ramp plans?

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
i know a bunch of you skate...and some real well.

Surfing is done for a bit.

Home Depot is still open and stealing wood from construction sites is probably a thing of the past...or was that just an 80’s 90’s thing.

anyone Wanna post plans for some backyard, side yard , even launch ramps. Do people even do launch ramps anymore?

thank God for my over ambitious tendency's. I have a set of wrist guards and knee pads.

Would dig to hear some new ideas.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
i know a bunch of you skate...and some real well.

Surfing is done for a bit.

Home Depot is still open and stealing wood from construction sites is probably a thing of the past...or was that just an 80’s 90’s thing.

anyone Wanna post plans for some backyard, side yard , even launch ramps. Do people even do launch ramps anymore?

thank God for my over ambitious tendency's. I have a set of wrist guards and knee pads.

Would dig to hear some new ideas.
You got the room for it. I'd love to come down and skate it when this sh!t is over. Definitely wear the wrist guards. My wrist is still stiff and sore from slamming last week trying to slide on a heavily waxed curb.

Reactions: SlicedFeet

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
that's a lot of skatelite. that stuff is over $100/sheet. we just sold our mini half pipe. my son and I want a pump track but the boss isn't into it.

if you have room, you can use the quarter plans and attach a flat platform between them. our halfpipe came apart in those 3 sections:
2 quarter pipes, 6' wide screwed side by side = 12' wide;
2 flat sections 6' x 6' (I think);
2 more quarters on the other side.

3 layers of ply + skatelite.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
A driveway quarterpipe is alot of fun but it's a one hit wonder. ( like surfing Oside most days )
You might consider building two quarterpipes then space them apart making a portable halfpipe.
Go 8ft wide if you can swing it.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
yeah to be honest, a 4 ft wide quarter is pretty damn limiting and I don't skate it that much but it was still worth it.

I still can't get myself to do a disaster cause I feel like it's one quick slip to go off of either side. But then again my skating is going downhill... not that I had much to begin with.

Still thinking about building a mini in teh backyard, just worried about noise. With all the amazing park here now there isn't really a solid 4 foot mini to skate and it's so damn fun

Feb 12, 2020
I bit the bullet and ordered an OC ramp. Mostly to hopefully help out both my son and a local skate company who is going to help assemble and customize it.
Can't believe I sold and old custom so my ex could finally have her parking spot back.

Attachments

Feb 12, 2020
Sold it to a base jumper, Crazy Frenchy, for his 5 year old. Who now rips like a demon.
No vert, I originally could roll in easier than tail drop it. Still ate royal sh!t plenty. When I found the parks and "speed" the ramp was expendable; except for wintertime snow and ice.

Craigslist find; We had to cut it down 12 inches to fit our garage. Wife(ex) loved the skate parties I had with son and friends! Now she parks my old car in that space. No hard feelings. She had her new man fix the drywall demolition. Skate and Destroy, marriage included!

Fun as heck. Learned feeble, front and back slashes, disasters, rock to fakie, 50-50 grinds, etc. It was for my little boy, who worked his ass off all summer working for me to buy it himself.
Now I have a nine foot garage ceiling so the new ramp will be thigh high!
And maybe a vert ramp in the backyard if things pan out....

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
HO LEE FOOOOOK

I would kill a baby koala bear for one of these
How much would it cost to build one?

I like the safety aspect of this ramp.

IF you just "surf" it, and pad up, and elderly person like myself should be able to avoid getting too injured.

The half pipe mini ramp is going to make you want to do "tricks."

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
yeah, I would love a pumpable little jam like that....wowza

I do like that halfpipe kneehigh posted, I'd give that a whirl

I mean, I'd fall and die or something, and maybe it's just the cabin fever, but
I would be amped to have access to something like that right meow

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
You got the room for it. I'd love to come down and skate it when this sh!t is over. Definitely wear the wrist guards. My wrist is still stiff and sore from slamming last week trying to slide on a heavily waxed curb.
I remember you trying to teach me how to do slappies years back, you were good at them, could never figure them out.

For the ramp, first thing I’d have to do is move a bunch of sprinkler lines, which just maybe in the cards.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Had an 8' wide mini , used the plans from DIY skate site. It was super easy but was not the first ramp I had built.

currently have a couple quarters, a bank and some rails in the backyard. had to get rid of the miniramp.
making your template for the tranny and setting coping and ramp surface are 3 most important things

post up the build here.!