Custom for Tanner

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
After a lengthy, and completely understandable (given the circumstances), wait, I was super stoked to finally have this one delivered on Sunday.

GG’s last note to me said that my board was done and he would be picking it up from the glass shop in a few days. Unfortunately, he had the accident and never made the pick up for my board and a few others, that would end up being his latch batch of boards.

Shout out to Derek from Useless Toys Glassing and Ken White from White Surfboards for jumping in to help GG’s family sort through all the details and get these remaining boards to his customers. Special thanks to Surf Station in St. Augustine for shipping it, as Delta Cargo would not let anyone access GG's account.

I thought about just hanging it on the wall, in tribute, but I know that would just royally **** him off, so she’s gonna get ridden, and ridden hard.

I’m sure he’s bummed he never got to make the fins for it, but I’ve got 3 other sets of quad fins, and I’m sure one of them is going to go good.

7’2 x 22 x 3 Semi Fish to wrap up 15+ years of getting boards from a guy I learned about on the ERBB

See ya on the other side, GG :waving:

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
After a lengthy, and completely understandable (given the circumstances), wait, I was super stoked to finally have this one delivered on Sunday.

GG’s last note to me said that my board was done and he would be picking it up from the glass shop in a few days. Unfortunately, he had the accident and never made the pick up for my board and a few others, that would end up being his latch batch of boards.

Shout out to Derek from Useless Toys Glassing and Ken White from White Surfboards for jumping in to help GG’s family sort through all the details and get these remaining boards to his customers. Special thanks to Surf Station in St. Augustine for shipping it, as Delta Cargo would not let anyone access GG's account.

I thought about just hanging it on the wall, in tribute, but I know that would just royally **** him off, so she’s gonna get ridden, and ridden hard.

I’m sure he’s bummed he never got to make the fins for it, but I’ve got 3 other sets of quad fins, and I’m sure one of them is going to go good.

7’2 x 22 x 3 Semi Fish to wrap up 15+ years of getting boards from a guy I learned about on the ERBB

See ya on the other side, GG :waving:

beautiful

Reactions: Tanner

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
This makes me happy and sad at the same time.

also as soon as I saw the title I knew what it was going to be.
on brand for a griffin board thread!
Unpacking the board made me feel the exact same way - it was a definite mix of emotions.

Glad you caught the title, but I prob should have done one of those intro's that GG used to do with all his posts.....something like this:

'Tanner is a long-time customer who has gotten many boards over the years and likes to go fast! 7'2 x 22 x 3 Semi-Fish 4-fin for him to continue his all-wave domination!'

Rode it for the for the first time yesterday and was super stoked. There were a few hidden gems at the local reef, if you were patient enough, and had a few that opened up and ran. It's always a trip when that 'controlled flight' feeling kicks in, and it did, immediately on the first wave, and brought a huge smile to my face, when I kicked out.

I was definitely over-gunned, but also over-funned. GG's Fellowship of Fun lives on :cheers: