Custom for Reese

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Reese switched the rears from one of my other boards I made him , you can see the originals in my pictures .

When he rides the original fins again it will go even better .
Have you covered this already in other posts and you don’t feel feel like repeating yourself? That’s fine, I don’t want to be a burden, I have just been thinking about re-working my approach to fin set ups and thought you could give some detailed insight into your own methods. If you’ve already gone over this, which threads can I search for? The angle of the pics in this thread make it hard to tell for sure and don’t answer my question about thrusters and your 5 fin set ups.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Have you covered this already in other posts and you don’t feel feel like repeating yourself? That’s fine, I don’t want to be a burden, I have just been thinking about re-working my approach to fin set ups and thought you could give some detailed insight into your own methods. If you’ve already gone over this, which threads can I search for? The angle of the pics in this thread make it hard to tell for sure and don’t answer my question about thrusters and your 5 fin set ups.
Photobucket is dead :-(
I can't post my pictures - examples

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Photobucket is dead :-(
I can't post my pictures - examples
Bummer. I’m just trying to learn more about rake/sweep and the info that’s out there is pretty generic. I thought you would be a much better source of info. Maybe I can ask in a simple way, but I understand if you’re not comfortable answering or giving away any of your top secret info. Here goes another attempt:
1) Do you typically go with more upright front fins and more raked rear fins?
2) Does it differ on your quads vs thrusters vs 5 fins? If so, how?
3) Does it differ from one board to the next? (ie hovercraft vs fish vs HP)
4) What rake/sweep adjustments do you make for more/less tail rocker? Or is it more about fin placement when considering rocker?