Crowded California

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
Oakland is chartering a cruise ship to house the homeless.

Is this a solution?

I hope it catches on fire with 5,0000 idiots on board and burns to a crisp.

Love,

Steak
good idea, or just crash it off southern mexico, and then they can move to mexico illegally

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'm getting pissed at Huntington for closing down that entire section of beach seemingly about every weekend for some stupid race, concert, car convention, or similar asshattery. I know they are consistently trying to make the 909 feel at home but it's going a little far lately.
And then there's a contest every single weekend at one of the sides of the pier as well

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
And then there's a contest every single weekend at one of the sides of the pier as well
Yep, and then it just crams the crowd even closer together.

What's messed up is having to check the City calendar for bullsh*t events in addition to the surf forecast.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This is what waves should look like. Will note that they stand up and break normally with no BS there too instead of the wobbling, backing-off, down-jacking crap you get at just about every other beachbreak in Southern California.
TAMARACK REPRESENT

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
da fk is a down jacking wave?
When the wave comes in, looks like it's going to break, and then backs down, dribbling on the sand. Instead of the face going from, say, 4 to 6 foot as it feels the bottom, it will go from 4 to 2.

Think of the furthest you can drive on the West Side of Oahu (I've seen it in it's glory and that place is terrifying from the sand - kudos to the locals there) and then picture the exact opposite. Hence my nickname of Tamarack as Pray for Chastity.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
^ - That spot was great swimming with occasional body surfing party wave when we were there. Then it was a decent walk up along the road, chatting with some fishermen, then to Kaena Pt and the birds.