Crowd Killer Review

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
6'10"x21.5x3x48L-double wing swallow (looks like a long fish boat but rails are pinched!)
This board was my crutch from, in a nutshell, being mostly out of the water for about 2 years (and utter domestication). Still pretty big but I ordered it on the smaller to recommended side so I could duck it. When it came, like many boards I get that I am unfamiliar with, it sat in my garage and or my car while I contemplated it and waited for the day. Eventually took it out on a small OBSF day and the ease of paddling compared to my 6'2 stubby boards was nice, the long rail went swiftly down the line and got some whitewash climbs, etc. I bagan riding it more frequently and quickly noticed that this board need some open face and size to turn well (rail turn, there is no straight ups on this) Was kind of hit and miss with clicking on for a while, tried maybe 4 sets of L thruster fins. When it clicked I was astonished with the down the line speed and bring around all that rail, but mostly was fighting it tho. Then I tried M fins (had a bunch left from grom boards) and wow so much free-er yet no sliding out. I settled on the med AM's. This board became my go to in long HH+ points. So easy for those long paddles and honestly with long walls you can lay into full rail arcs (I doubt they looked like they felt but did have a couple "throwing buckets bro" thrown my way, haha!) and it brought back the sensations of when I used to surf those spots 25 years back on 6"10-7"6" that were probably like 18.5x 2.5. Anyways This one is hitting the market as I am replacing it with the round version. Lastly this board is good for open faces, tight pockets I will be bringing 6'8 RP for similar conditions. Fun board but not recommend for the young bucks, ride as little foam as you can get away with for as long as you can!IMG_4611.jpgIMG_4612.jpgIMG_4613.jpgIMG_4614.jpgIMG_4615.jpgIMG_4616.jpg

Oh.. the tail pad didn't look right any further back and I never even hit the back stomp (maybe once)