Creased Board?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
so you are a board builder who shapes and glasses but you don't what to do with a creased board, hmmm.
Is there something wrong with asking for opinions? This was an odd one in that it was so minor. No glass fractures or stringer damage. Only a line of mildly compressed foam. Simple question of to fix or not to fix in this situation. You seem to have missed the following part of my post:

"Ride it till it breaks? Might it never break? How compromised do you think this board is? HP shortboard with 4 x 4+4 and patch glass job.

If it were a full on buckle I'd dig right in and fix it. With this one I'm on the fence because it seems so minor. Within a dozen sessions this area of the board will be caved in anyway from the front food. Never had a crease this minor so to speak."

I'm sure there are people who have run into this situation more than me and I'm not ashamed to ask for the opinion of others when I think it might be helpful. Now kindly go fuk yourself.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Simple question of to fix or not to fix in this situation.
Enjoy it unfixed and polyfresh while you can which IMHO won't be long, and keep a backup in da whip if it's fun. A duck dive where you just miss getting axed, late lip hit, late/close landing in the flat, blown tube, etc. and she'll buckle/break and you'll do the repair.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I prefer board builder. Shaping is only a small part of the process and I have just as much respect for the other pieces of the puzzle. Shaping is the most challenging part and glassing is the most fun and sanding is the easiest to fook the other two up. :shaka:
I'm the opposite- shaping is fun, glassing is challenging. But then I'm always trying something new when I make a board. The most recent was the epoxy swirl.

re that board creased after one session? I'm thinking it's more compromised than it looks. I'd at least put a 6" wide S glass tape across it.

Don't be shy- share pics of your boards!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I'm the opposite- shaping is fun, glassing is challenging. But then I'm always trying something new when I make a board. The most recent was the epoxy swirl.

re that board creased after one session? I'm thinking it's more compromised than it looks. I'd at least put a 6" wide S glass tape across it.

Don't be shy- share pics of your boards!
I'll probably work on it this weekend. Due to the troll factor of this website I don't post my pictures or board builds up here.