Covers That Are Better Than The Originals

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Barely any of the songs posted on this thread are better than the originals - my offerings included.

Having said that, I see my share of live music and many acts play a cover. It's a smart move.

Funny that I've had friends in bands and they are so adamant about playing original stuff - which is cool, they're trying to establish themselves. However, people going out want that one song to take away and it could be any fun, random cover.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
excellent. you could do a whole thread just on great covers of "Heroes".
Best song ever written/made about infidelity.

Lots of good covers out there of "Heroes"

The Crimso one is really good.

Oh fvvk forgot about American Horror Story with Jessica Lange as Elsa Mars.

Last edited:
Reactions: surf-shot.com

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

let's face it, they're all great covers because it's such a great song. pretty much an impossible song to screw up - like Dylan's All Along The Watchtower :cheers:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

Was hanging out with friends way back when, a little deep in our cups, and someone asked what song do you want played at your funeral/wake.

I thought Heros would be ok for me.

But then I thought of all these other great corny tunes that would be fun to make people laugh or remember less terrible moments in their lives.

So.......

PS
Thought the song Heros was about lovers in East and West Germany being separated by the wall, not about infidelity.

Reactions: surf-shot.com

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
PS
Thought the song Heros was about lovers in East and West Germany being separated by the wall, not about infidelity.
that was my take on it too (?) then i thought did i miss some lyrics along the way...?

PS - re. the depeche mode version, martin gore’s guitar <<< than robert fripp’s.