Control. Democrat Governors turn out to be the totalitarian dictators democrats always accused Trump of being.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
Why are you still operating on this fallacy that people who are against continuing the shutdown don't think the virus is real?

Since the beginning, this has been about taking different risks. Some people want to risk the disease in order to keep the economy running, and others want to risk the economy crumbling rather than risking the disease

Also, the people who've been ticketed for being outside of their homes would disagree with your last sentence
Someone has been ticketed for being outside of their home? Do you have a link?

It is right wing media that has made this political. You think liberals want the economy to collapse? My Trump loving buddy 100% believes the whole thing is a hoax.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
For the record this is my position:

Lock downs definitely won’t work to eradicate the virus, we are just delaying the inevitable. Everyone is going to get this. I think their usefulness is only to keep our healthcare system from being overwhelmed. Otherwise people will die that otherwise wouldn’t have in normal conditions. In the long run herd immunity is the only way. I’m advocating for a balanced approach. You all are advocating for an extreme approach that really shows a carelessness for other people’s lives.

Reactions: CutnSnip

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
It doesn’t come down to dictator vs. not, it comes down to those that believe in science vs those that don’t. You guys need to be directly effected by something to believe it. It is a brain limitation.

That said, the real debate is caution and science based decision on opening vs open immediately and see what happens. Everyone wants to open. You can leave your house right now, get on a plane or in your car and go almost wherever you want. Is that totalitarianism?
You're full of sh!t. Its not a matter of believing science. I conceded its a bad bug........especially if you're over 75 years old or have serious health issues. That doesn't mean we shut down 90% of businesses and strip people of their basic liberties. If you think Democrat governors aren't overstepping their bounds and playing politics with this you should get your head examined. Talk about denying science.....what you're doing is the equivalent of looking up at the clear blue sky and saying its green.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
You're full of sh!t. Its not a matter of believing science. I conceded its a bad bug........especially if you're over 75 years old or have serious health issues. That doesn't mean we shut down 90% of businesses and strip people of their basic liberties. If you think Democrat governors aren't overstepping their bounds and playing politics with this you should get your head examined. Talk about denying science.....what you're doing is the equivalent of looking up at the clear blue sky and saying its green.
Can you provide some examples of wide spread civil liberties being stripped? Some links?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
What we're seeing here is Democrats who are incapable of selling an epidemic response to the public. They wait while Republicans in power successfully sell the response. Then after the response is working the Democrats run to the front of the parade saying "I can impose unnecessarily draconian restrictions and look even more leader-like."

Pathetic.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Someone has been ticketed for being outside of their home? Do you have a link?

It is right wing media that has made this political. You think liberals want the economy to collapse? My Trump loving buddy 100% believes the whole thing is a hoax.
No wants the economy to collapse, but there are a lot of Karens who have lost sight on what it takes for an economy to funciton

Those are just two. I'm sure you've heard about the people being ticketed for surfing and being kicked out of the water as well

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Good quote:

“If your messaging — and your behavior — inspires resentment that causes people to resist and ignore public health messages, then you have failed at your job, whatever the amount of scientific knowledge you bring to bear.”

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
A real danger is by blowing covid 19 out of proportion now, in the future people will ignore warnings about more deadly diseases

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
A real danger is by blowing covid 19 out of proportion now, in the future people will ignore warnings about more deadly diseases
It's the same boy-cried-wolf problem we've seen with the constant BADORANGEMAN screaming. We're so hardened by it we don't care if he actually does something bad

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It's the same boy-cried-wolf problem we've seen with the constant BADORANGEMAN screaming. We're so hardened by it we don't care if he actually does something bad
Maybe the best way is to deport 100 Trump supporters every time he says or does something retarded.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The liberal media bubble is still baffled at their loss of effectiveness against Trumby.
Gullible people like you, how about Trump inciting protests in blue states "liberate Virigina", still trying to deny facts?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Gullible people like you, how about Trump inciting protests in blue states "liberate Virigina", still trying to deny facts?
If you don't think these overreaches are worth protest you're simply a bootlicker