Colored wetsuits

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Yeah, I get it… but I don’t get it. Name me one other sport that lives by that ethos? Do snowboarders all wear black unless they’re rippahs? Are colors frowned upon amongst skiers? Tennis players? Recreational runners? Do mountain bikers have such a strict fashion code?
In motocross you're only allowed to wear white boots if you're fast. In MTB if you wear a matchy matchy pro looking outfit that you paid for because you're slow and unsponsored the Gen Xers and older will sneer at you.

Reactions: sdsrfr and npsp

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Snowboarders tend to wear earth tones and down a few shots of cheap Fireball whiskey st 8 in the morning as if being fucked up is an edge. Skiers tend to dress like fishing lures unless they prefer the safety cone look. Tennis players conform to Club Rules and the challenge of not spilling your mimosa AFTER the set. Runners have a hard time accessorizing at all but they try. Mtn Bikers same as Snowboarders minus the morning shots and prefer afternoon beers
Wasn’t pink a thing in the MTB world?

Apparently lots of snowboarders wear black pants with (safety) red jackets, at least according to my skier friends while trying to spot me in a crowd at the end of a run.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Good ole Wilko and his hilarious custom wetsuits. Looks like he's got a beautiful wife and kid now. Well done Wilko.

Had a surf with Wilko yesterday- guy still absolutely rips at CT standard.

I told him I would agitate for a wildcard for Cloudbreak for him.

He is the defending champion.

Reactions: r32