colonoscopy blues

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
OK
Here’s the set up. The Large Belt holds the wires, etc & goes around my waist and the “blue looking piece just slips over one shoulder to support the Belt. The “white” looking object is the “Pill Monitor” and slips into the “black purse / soft case” and goes over my shoulder. The large black belt holds the wires that connect to the Monitor.

The Pill Cam is small enough to swallow comfortably and “blinks” and is blue tooth oriented. I won’t be able to eat for 4 to 5 hours and then-only something light. I return at 3:00 to the hospital and the Monitor is removed and results will come later.

It was a very simple In & Out the door procedure. The Pill will go into oblivion of a black hole blinking away.
View attachment 161745
View attachment 161744

Deep tube ride....

• Haha
Reactions: stringcheese

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Has anyone used one of those DIY at home kits for the colonoscopy?

https://www.cologuard.com/effective-and-easy
Poop in a box! I did one last year. Was funny and gross. Took it to my regular shipping place and the lady at the counter knew exactly what it was and handled it like the box itself was made of poop. Got a new MD earlier this year and she said that its not very thorough in reality and prescribed a colonoscopy I have yet to endure...

Reactions: nowayout

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I think those DIY kids lean towards false positives as too many false negatives could have serious liability problems.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
OK
Here’s the set up. The Large Belt holds the wires, etc & goes around my waist and the “blue looking piece just slips over one shoulder to support the Belt. The “white” looking object is the “Pill Monitor” and slips into the “black purse / soft case” and goes over my shoulder. The large black belt holds the wires that connect to the Monitor.

The Pill Cam is small enough to swallow comfortably and “blinks” and is blue tooth oriented. I won’t be able to eat for 4 to 5 hours and then-only something light. I return at 3:00 to the hospital and the Monitor is removed and results will come later.

It was a very simple In & Out the door procedure. The Pill will go into oblivion of a black hole blinking away.
View attachment 161745
View attachment 161744
I guess the problem I have with that is if it finds something and it needs to be removed and biopsied then you gotta do the prep all over again and go for an old fashioned colposcopy anyway right? As bad as a probe going up your ass sounds that part is really nothing. I had 4 benign polyps my first go. Odds are I’ll have more next time I have to go back in 10yrs. Rather not do the prep twice.

Reactions: PPK96754