CI Twin Pin

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
The videos of Mikey February on it look pretty damn good .... but he looks smooth on everything he rides. Would be interesting to compare to other twin pins that are already out. CI's description of the bottom "From the nose and toward the back, the bottom is flat, then to a slight roll, and vee in the back half, which creates a buttery board that is both responsive and solid. " - a difference maker or surfboard marketing hype?

Reactions: Woke AF and waxfoot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I fondled a 5’11 and a 6’4 a couple days ago.

Didn’t really move the needle for me.

Fin placement too far up IMHO but the quasi-keels Brit made for it have a bit extra on trailing edge.

Of course this is all just from handling and eye balling.

The board just didn’t have anything interesting going on.

Maybe that’s a good thing….

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I fondled a 5’11 and a 6’4 a couple days ago.

Didn’t really move the needle for me.

Fin placement too far up IMHO but the quasi-keels Brit made for it have a bit extra on trailing edge.

Of course this is all just from handling and eye balling.

The board just didn’t have anything interesting going on.

Maybe that’s a good thing….

I thought the same thing about placement. Looks too far forward. And then when they said Britt made a fin just for it, I knew it's too far forward for me. Don't like the way quasi keel fins feel or look.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
I thought the same thing about placement. Looks too far forward. And then when they said Britt made a fin just for it, I knew it's too far forward for me. Don't like the way quasi keel fins feel or look.
Wonder if the forward fin placement is due to the way they designed the bottom .... had it been a single to double concave might have moved them back?

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
You may not love Salsa, but he was ripping one of these last week at Lowers. Looked like he was pushing it much harder than the Fish Beard. No one get mad at me. I’m not saying that’s a reason to buy one. But I was impressed. It was a bigger day, so conditions suited the board. Only one I’ve seen in the wild.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I felt one up yesterday and, contrary to the above haters, would bang if I saw a used one in my dims. Semi-hard rail edge most of the length of the board. Nothing extreme, just felt balanced, and I don’t like Uber rear-placed twins.
Didn’t say I hated it. It just was much more…plain than I expected.

I’ve seen Britt riding them for quite some time and they work well for him compared to a HPSB (for him).

Also, I have two AO twins with fins placed way up and the boards rip.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
The videos of Mikey February on it look pretty damn good .... but he looks smooth on everything he rides. Would be interesting to compare to other twin pins that are already out. CI's description of the bottom "From the nose and toward the back, the bottom is flat, then to a slight roll, and vee in the back half, which creates a buttery board that is both responsive and solid. " - a difference maker or surfboard marketing hype?

1. The waves are perfect
2. He's ripping the snot out of it

Looks like what he's riding are working perfectly

Reactions: flyinraptr

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Didn’t say I hated it. It just was much more…plain than I expected.

I’ve seen Britt riding them for quite some time and they work well for him compared to a HPSB (for him).

Also, I have two AO twins with fins placed way up and the boards rip.
Duffy is the placement same as AO 11"from tail? And did MC use same placement for your step up AO? My It 2win has same placement works nice with extra rail and even stinger to engage in wave face:shaka:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Since its All about the Pro's here

Lets compare Mr.Kerr - Fins rearward = the new now now
with
Mr. Febuary - Fins more forward
They both surf very differently and are both on my favorite to watch team.

A better question would be, would Kersey be happy on the CI twin?
Feb. might be happy on the Album.

The CI doesn't seem to offer the same level of performance as the Album. The CI doesn't seem very sexy.

pure internet speculation from a typical internet expert. :geek:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
They both surf very differently and are both on my favorite to watch team.

A better question would be, would Kersey be happy on the CI twin?
Feb. might be happy on the Album.

The CI doesn't seem to offer the same level of performance as the Album. The CI doesn't seem very sexy.

pure internet speculation from a typical internet expert. :geek:
CI=jazz hands & front zipper vest
Album=speed metal & trunks down to knees:jamon:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Duffy is the placement same as AO 11"from tail? And did MC use same placement for your step up AO? My It 2win has same placement works nice with extra rail and even stinger to engage in wave face:shaka:
Yes. I think. One is a round pin snd the other a swallow so where do we measure from?!?!?!

Reactions: rowjimmytour