CI Twin Pin

ZZ Soft Top

Nep status
Sep 22, 2013
Manta Sonica
I'm planning on ordering one soon-ish. The outline reminds me of an old G&S single fin I rode that was a perfect one board quiver for 90% of the year in L.A. County.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Curious about the fins that were designed for the board and whether CI will sell them directly with a purchase.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Curious about the fins that were designed for the board and whether CI will sell them directly with a purchase.
so many waves get wasted dialing in fins

gg knows better and

i like that pat rawson specs out the fin template for his shapes and writes it on the stringer.

seems most board builders are simply mimicking the current shape du jour and dont give it much thought

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
so many waves get wasted dialing in fins

gg knows better and

i like that pat rawson specs out the fin template for his shapes and writes it on the stringer.

seems most board builders are simply mimicking the current shape du jour and dont give it much thought
Yeah. Especially twins. Only thing worse for dialing in boards are quads. If CI has developed and is selling a specific twin set for the board, that sounds good . . . unless the fin is very weird, which is always possible but probably unlikely with CI (AMT cant not included).

Reactions: Havoc

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
"It works best with the special twin fin template Britt designed just for this board that is between a keel and upright and provides the right balance of drive, hold, and maneuverability."

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
"It works best with the special twin fin template Britt designed just for this board that is between a keel and upright and provides the right balance of drive, hold, and maneuverability."
Once had a robber my size came with AMT set with little back fin and worked good with 3rd fin but if you rode it as a two fin sucked. Worked bezt as thruster with Am1 set.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Doubt it.

last CI I got, a twin, didn’t include fins. Emailed CI about this and they claimed they don’t do that anymore.

You pay a premium, from a “top” board line, for an incomplete board.

I don’t even think fins necessarily have to be designed for the board.