ci twin fin?

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
opportunity to score one for a decent price. whats the word? should i bother? skills include low-to-mid intermediate, fish stomping donley kong with a few flashes of genius on the rare occassion

Reactions: flyinraptr

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Twin Pin? Yes

MTF? Yes yes yes!!!!1

If it’s the “retro” one with the swallow tail…

…I’ve never seen anyone surf well on one.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Curren seems to be riding the "Twin Fin" version with his S-wings.
IMG_4146.PNGIMG_4149.PNG

isurfcardiff

OTF status
May 8, 2014
the swallow retro thing.

the twin pin one with the curly hair douche doing tinkerbell cross ankle leg floater things makes me want to quit surfing and take up meth or russina roulette
sad thing is, I drank the koolaid and bought one...hated it. rode it 2x's and gave up. sold it the other day. I hope the buyer likes it.

Reactions: sdsrfr

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I found it to be slow as f*ck in average waves. Has zero concave, so must really need a steep wave to get going. I'm sure I would have kept it if I lived in Indo.
I have one and it has a good amount of single concave with V out the tail, and was fun as hell. It has a funky really high tail rocker, but i think it works really good! Really nice pivot!

bobby concave-2.jpgbobby tail rocker.jpg

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Waves have been tiny and the tide is super high. But this board was super fun and fast... so i dont know what @isurfcardiff is talking about? I was having fun doing this tight little cutbacks back into the white water. Its a good paddler too. I just dont like the feeling of PU or a wood stringer.

If this board was epoxy with some good flex it would be such a sick board!

bobby cutback-1.jpg

bobby cutback-2.jpg

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I have one and it has a good amount of single concave with V out the tail, and was fun as hell. It has a funky really high tail rocker, but i think it works really good! Really nice pivot!

View attachment 120453View attachment 120454
I think he was talking about the pin twin which I think has different rocker and concave on bottom. I liked the rocker swallow twin pretty flat specially in middle and little off tail with single to spiral v off back. It worked great from mush to even hollow stuff my only hang up was 3rd box and how board worked even better as a thruster with AM1's:foreheadslap:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
@rowjimmytour Oh... I thought he was talking about the Retro Twin Fin. :foreheadslap:

Mine only had 1 plug for the tiny trailer and I never bothered to use it because the fin looked so dam small, i didnt think it would do anything. Plus, a twin is a twin... and i like seeing how it performs with just 2 fins. Sick board! I just think it would have been better if it had more flex. PU feels a little stiff to me.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
@rowjimmytour Oh... I thought he was talking about the Retro Twin Fin. :foreheadslap:

Mine only had 1 plug for the tiny trailer and I never bothered to use it because the fin looked so dam small, i didnt think it would do anything. Plus, a twin is a twin... and i like seeing how it performs with just 2 fins. Sick board! I just think it would have been better if it had more flex. PU feels a little stiff to me.
I am not 100% which he is talking about but at time flex was fine I was only riding pu/pe boards so did not know better but mine also had beak nose "robber" but identical to ATF:shaka: