CI 2.Pro vs. Lost Sub Driver 2.0

CI 2.Pro or Lost Sub Driver 2.0?

• Total voters

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
I'm buying myself one for my birthday this year. There's nothing you can do about it. It will be for above-average days in NCSD and for travel (not slabs). What's your pick?

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
For above average days Im going 2.pro.

You getting a custom or otr? Pu or something else?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm buying myself one for my birthday this year. There's nothing you can do about it. It will be for above-average days in NCSD and for travel (not slabs). What's your pick?
I've had an OG SD and the 2.Pro.

Will you be surfing (or do you prefer a board biased towards) open-faced points where carrying speed in longer arcs is vital?
Do you commit to and hold your line?
Do you really enjoy pressing hard in cutbacks and having the board press back?

Will you be surfing (or do you prefer a board biased towards) top to bottom beachbreaks where quicker response and freedom off the top more important?
Do you have a snappier vs longer arcing approach or surf you'll mostly be surfing in?
Are you okay with finesse/balancing your weight on a roundhouse to keep the board from bogging?

You can deal with tighter transitions in the OG SD. You can carve the 2.Pro more carefully to not scrub too much speed by pressing too hard.

I'd eyeball the nose/tail width of the SD 2.0 and the rocker vs the 2.Pro and consider the surf you'll be in and the feel you prefer. If they look the same, I dunno. If the SD 2.0 still looks like more of an open-faced carving board vs the 2.Pro, consider your tastes and there's your answer.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
I've had an OG SD and the 2.Pro.

Will you be surfing (or do you prefer a board biased towards) open-faced points where carrying speed in longer arcs is vital?
Do you commit to and hold your line?
Do you really enjoy pressing hard in cutbacks and having the board press back?

Will you be surfing (or do you prefer a board biased towards) top to bottom beachbreaks where quicker response and freedom off the top more important?
Do you have a snappier vs longer arcing approach or surf you'll mostly be surfing in?
Are you okay with finesse/balancing your weight on a roundhouse to keep the board from bogging?

You can deal with tighter transitions in the OG SD. You can carve the 2.Pro more carefully to not scrub too much speed by pressing too hard.

I'd eyeball the nose/tail width of the SD 2.0 and the rocker vs the 2.Pro and consider the surf you'll be in and the feel you prefer. If they look the same, I dunno. If the SD 2.0 still looks like more of an open-faced carving board vs the 2.Pro, consider your tastes and there's your answer.
Probably the best answer one could hope for. Thanks man

Reactions: bluengreen

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I like this board builder for comparing rockers.

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
I think comparing the CI 2.0 Pro to the Driver 3.0 is more fitting, also the Sub Driver to the Flyer. Have had a bunch of Drivers, Sub Drivers and and Flyers but not a 2.0 Pro (but I caught a few on a borrowed CI Pro).

Driver and CI pro felt similar, definitely want some curve to the wave but feel totally solid doing turns at full speed. I would pick either for head and above.

Sub Driver and Flyer are both great. Flyer is more user friendly with a bit less hold but easier to turn. I would pick either for head to waist high.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Duh. I've got the barbed wire bicep band and my last name in old english on my stomach, don't I?
:roflmao:

The average North/Central Florida mayhem owner is a 30-40-something who wants his daughter to avoid getting knocked up by the average SoCal mayhem owner. And if the guy on the midlength who is dropping in and getting buzzed off five times a session by people he didn't think could make the wave, could stop constantly hopping people only to be buzzed off, and stfu about real estate and whatever else, well, that'd be just swell.

That's literally the description of everyone that spent their teen years in Santa Cruz in the 90's. :monkey:
A guy on a Stretch was kinda sorta in the way of a not doing too much wave last night. He nicely apologized. Most of our Stretch people are pleasant to share the lineup with. You used to get the occasional surftech one was less pleasant maybe.

Also the Buells have since made it to the East Coast. I used to think I was getting stared at in Central California because my Xcel marked me as an outsider when everyone was in Buells or the occasional Oneill.

But it's the same way here and it's just people mad that they're freezing their ass off? :shrug:

Reactions: jkb

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What would you say is the low range that this board still works in?
Fun waist you'll be going down the line and doing stuff. Fun chest she'll start to get spicy. Walled out flat-faced logmush the board will be a boggy late caught behind chore like any board of its ilk. It has a decently HP tail width/rocker. Like perfect_wave says, she paddles right on into 'em for what she is.