Christian Beamish

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
oh man could have been yours i sold it . Did you get one of those sweet keel fishs from mollusk? The board in the pic was 6x20.5x2 5/8 twin plus trailer set up .I only tried the trailer once as the twins provided enough hold .With the flatter entry rocker and foam it paddled like a beast for the points i had in mind and replaced my Ag 6’8 el nino board.The board seemed to come alive the bigger it gets ,will have you day dreaming about well overhead lined up walls that go for days. sadly with injuries it didnt get much use and went to a new home.Allan makes great boards
Sounds perfect. I didn't pick up one of his his keel fishes although they looked great. I was looking for something a bit longer than my normal 5'10s - 6'0s. I have mid lengths so I wanted something in between and this fit perfectly.
I felt up a 6'4 "shark egg" model at the shop and had to buy it. Felt great underarm, rails felt crisp, not bulky...just felt really good.
I've surfed it a bunch of times and have had a blast on it. Keeper for sure. Looking forward to getting it into a bit better swell. Thanks for letting me know about your board!

Reactions: Aruka

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Christian's a badass and an all around good guy. He's been shaping for a long time. He built his own little boat and sailed down Baja and wrote a book about it - Voyage of the Cormorant. He shapes his own Mavs boards. Super humble charger. You buy his boards, you're supporting the kind of dude the sport needs.

View attachment 116725

Great clip. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: urchined

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Sounds perfect. I didn't pick up one of his his keel fishes although they looked great. I was looking for something a bit longer than my normal 5'10s - 6'0s. I have mid lengths so I wanted something in between and this fit perfectly.
I felt up a 6'4 "shark egg" model at the shop and had to buy it. Felt great underarm, rails felt crisp, not bulky...just felt really good.
I've surfed it a bunch of times and have had a blast on it. Keeper for sure. Looking forward to getting it into a bit better swell. Thanks for letting me know about your board!
If i recall correctly that board and the shark egg are very similar or same thing

Reactions: lofatkilla

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
With MOTE not taking orders, I'm considering one of Christians channel twins in the 6'10-7'2 range. Anyone ride one of these yet?

Dec 5, 2020
SF
With MOTE not taking orders, I'm considering one of Christians channel twins in the 6'10-7'2 range. Anyone ride one of these yet?
So am I. Looking to fill an (imagined) gap b/w 6’9” and 8’0” G$II’s for outer bar OB, with maybe some utility in smaller conditions as a twin.

I emailed him and he recommended 7’0” with a narrow squash fwiw.

There was a clean looking 6’8”(?) on local craigslist a couple weeks back- kinda wish I pulled the trigger on it.

Would love to hear some first hand reports in the RR though.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
So am I. Looking to fill an (imagined) gap b/w 6’9” and 8’0” G$II’s for outer bar OB, with maybe some utility in smaller conditions as a twin.

There was a clean looking 6’8”(?) on local craigslist a couple weeks back- kinda wish I pulled the trigger on it.

I can't give first hand report, but the way he pushes the WP so far forward I would say order 1-2 feet shorter than your standard mid length.

After a few boards with wide point forward I've gone back to wide point at the middle or within a couple inches...

Reactions: Mandudebro

therarebirdshow

OTF status
Jan 28, 2013
www.amazon.com
Buddy got the Old School Twin. Feeling it up, the board was nice. Too big for me but I caught a couple waves on it on a burgery backside day and it was surprisingly fun. Turned well for all the size, too.

Reactions: Aruka

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014

yolo

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
There's a 7'4 channel bottom single fin on the used rack at Mollusk right now. Glass job is A+. I really like the outline and foil too. Wondering how a channel single fin would go, though.