Chris Ward aka "Psycho Ward"

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I saw Scott Bass out one night, cordially said whats up - you banned me!

Then I requested a Wardo interview.

He had a very funny reply.
Have ISA tales to tell about Wardo, for example getting a 4th in Mexico in the final (when he'd been winning EVERY heat on the way there). I think Chris - okay, I should say I HOPE Chris - has more maturity now and can look back at his life with a smile, laugh, facepalm, and perhaps some cautionary shivers. This would make him a great interview.

Then again, Bassy could be right.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
From the descriptions and the stories ... it sounds like he is living in the wrong generation ... the irony is if he had been part of the 50's, 60's or even early 70's generation would probably be considered as just another surfer of that time and possibly even celebrated as one of the classic anti-establishment surfers of those generations.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
From the descriptions and the stories ... it sounds like he is living in the wrong generation ... the irony is if he had been part of the 50's, 60's or even early 70's generation would probably be considered as just another surfer of that time and possibly even celebrated as one of the classic anti-establishment surfers of those generations.
If he survived the shithead related beatdowns.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Living in SC these days, see him often and seems to be living a good life. Mostly him with his kid around town. Guitarist from Steel Pulse lives on same property with me and he surfs heaps with CW in Baja etc.

Homie

Miki Dora status
Sep 2, 2005
?

There are a lot worse people to share a lineup with that will actually ruin your session.

We don't get a background check on anyone in the lineup - just so happens his laundry was aired in public and we don't know what's true and what's not.
It almost sounds like your defending Chris Ward? So edgy! So core! :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and Havoc

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It almost sounds like your defending Chris Ward? So edgy! So core! :eek:
No.

Is the guy a POS? Yeah.

Am I going to be triggered by his presence at a surf spot and let him ruin my session like poster I replied to?

No.

He's just another of the million POS humans we encounter every day.