Catalytic converters

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
My sheriff neighbor who got his stolen from his car parked on the street told me that he wants to shoot the next person who tries to steal his. I'm unclear how he would have the authority to be the judge, jury, and executioner for a theft like this.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Took my van in for a smog today. Passed the emissions test beautifully. But, it has the wrong catalytic converter on it, so it failed the visual test. Fuxache California Air Resources Board/Bureau of Automotive Repair. The emissions are fine, isn't that what it's all fucking about? $1700 for the correct catalytic converter. The shop that installed the wrong converter (Your Right Solution, recommended by someone here on the erBB) is out of business, according to the new owners, for shifty sh!t like this.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
There are two Priuses, one black, one dark blue, that go up and down our street that obviously have had their cats stolen ( loud). We park ours in the driveway now. I think the game changes when they trespass to steal as opposed to stealing while parked on the street. I think. In any case our driveway is narrow and has river pebbles that would make it hard.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Took my van in for a smog today. Passed the emissions test beautifully. But, it has the wrong catalytic converter on it, so it failed the visual test. Fuxache California Air Resources Board/Bureau of Automotive Repair. The emissions are fine, isn't that what it's all fucking about? $1700 for the correct catalytic converter. The shop that installed the wrong converter (Your Right Solution, recommended by someone here on the erBB) is out of business, according to the new owners, for shifty sh!t like this.
1702349714780.jpeg

My sincerest apologies bro. When I did business with them and specifically “Mr Walter” they were nothing but honest and performed professional, quality service on my Saabs that were also purchased from him. He would always go out of his way to explain to his customers what the work would consist of, and why it was being performed.

Last edited:
Reactions: enframed

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
There are two Priuses, one black, one dark blue, that go up and down our street that obviously have had their cats stolen ( loud). We park ours in the driveway now. I think the game changes when they trespass to steal as opposed to stealing while parked on the street. I think. In any case our driveway is narrow and has river pebbles that would make it hard.
My 2010 Prius cat got stolen, over 3G's to replace. I put shields on my two others. They would be a pain in the @$$ to remove(for the thieves)

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
My 2010 Prius cat got stolen, over 3G's to replace. I put shields on my two others. They would be a pain in the @$$ to remove(for the thieves)
I put cat shields on our Tacoma.

A Prius and a Honda had theirs stolen on the corner of our street. One was from a sheriff's parole officer who wanted to shoot whoever tried it again. Both parked on the street.

Reactions: need 4 speed

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
If it passed for emissions, why the fuk does California care if the cat is genuine OEM? WTF??!!!!! Is the auto manufacturer Stealership lobby behind this?