Carissa... now Steph.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Not so surpising...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2dP6eXSBrI/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MjM0N2Q2NDBjYg==

Stehanie Gilmore said:
I am planning to take this tour season off as a refresh for myself physically, mentally, and to enjoy following swells and free surfing in new places. I have some projects and trips I want to do, which haven’t been possible while traveling for the tour season. I am still passionate and dedicated to competing, and I have goals and dreams that I am still chasing - I’m excited for something fresh this year and I look forward to returning to competition in 2025

Reactions: TeamScam

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Best style, man or woman, on the tour. She'll be missed.

You think the WSL head honchos are at least scratching their heads and asking why?
I’d bet they’re arrogant enough to believe the oldies are running away from the next crop in a self fulfilling awesome blindness that only the WSL (in their awesomeness) can dream up.

Reactions: Havoc

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

You think the WSL head honchos are at least scratching their heads and asking why?
Slater took time away. Gabby too. Why is Steph taking a year off the end of the women’s tour?

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW

Maybe they are crossing their fingers for Sasha Jane and saying, why not?
WSL needs to spice up their controversy game. Pro surfing is so yawn.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Slater took time away. Gabby too. Why is Steph taking a year off the end of the women’s tour?
Slater took time away because he thought he could be a Hollywood star and bang Pam Anderson at the same time.

He was 50% successful.

Not the same.

• Haha
Reactions: PJ

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
Slater took time away because he thought he could be a Hollywood star and bang Pam Anderson at the same time.

He was 50% successful.

Not the same.
he had a manager that pushed him to do the show. i think he was on tour full time as well. manager was saying u have a small window to be a pro surfer, but u can act forever. dont think anyone would expect him to still be on tour at 52 today :)

Reactions: PJ