Canada getting rolled by Saudis

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
heelnipstr said:
ifallalot said:
heelnipstr said:
https://www.businessinsider.com/saudi-arabia-crucified-man-in-mecca-while-calling-out-canada-human-rights-2018-8&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=topbar&utm_term=desktop

didn't realize crucifixion was still a thing :/
Well, when there is a country in the world that lives a couple millennia in the past things like that happen
hmm, for an entire country to be living a couple thousand years in the past, they must have been very advanced back then to have: ELECTRICITY, INTERNET, JET PLANES.... today.

could it be the people in power are keeping the populace selectively in the past? And it has little to nothing to do with religion, ethnicity, or desire of the people?
It obviously has to do with the people in power, but it has everything else to do with the religion that the people in power practice.

And I thought you were smarter than to take my post so literally, I guess the chance of a cheap gotcha was too easy not to take

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
Saudi Arabia is a theocratic monarchy. Any attack on their way of life is both racist and Islamophobic
Said nobody ever.

You are living out your delusions again.
You need to check your ilk again. There's only one delusional person here.

Also, look up the meaning of "sarcasm"

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
BillyOcean said:
Is Islamophobia only a thing when it comes to terrorism?

How come women’s rights aren’t Islamophobic?

Don’t Saudis who practice Islam and have f’ing Mecca in their country understand Islam better than Canadians?

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
ifallalot said:
heelnipstr said:
ifallalot said:
heelnipstr said:
https://www.businessinsider.com/saudi-arabia-crucified-man-in-mecca-while-calling-out-canada-human-rights-2018-8&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=topbar&utm_term=desktop

Well, when there is a country in the world that lives a couple millennia in the past things like that happen
hmm, for an entire country to be living a couple thousand years in the past, they must have been very advanced back then to have: ELECTRICITY, INTERNET, JET PLANES.... today.

could it be the people in power are keeping the populace selectively in the past? And it has little to nothing to do with religion, ethnicity, or desire of the people?
It obviously has to do with the people in power, but it has everything else to do with the religion that the people in power practice.

And I thought you were smarter than to take my post so literally, I guess the chance of a cheap gotcha was too easy not to take
Your use of Islam is like saying the Pentecostal sect of Christianity is Christianity. Yes and no. It is hard to read bigotry not literally.

Do you think 99% of the people there have any power to change what they do not agree with? Especially with the US and so many others in their pocketed robes.

So I am guessing you were/are a big supporter of the Arab Spring, good for you.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
all muslims want to execute gays like all christians want to stone adulterers

there's plenty of insanity in every religious text.

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
afoaf said:
all muslims want to execute gays like all christians want to stone adulterers

there's plenty of insanity in every religious text.
Yes, but the gay executing variety of Muslims are in charge of Saudi Arabia.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Do you think most Saudis are down with women’s rights or not?

Look at the Saudis who move to London

They’re not under the thumb of the royal family but they still keep their women on lock

Don’t hate!

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
heelnipstr said:

I am outraged that after showing such brave leadership by passing AB 1887 ("California must take action to avoid supporting or financing discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.") and banning State travel to: Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas

Where maybe the LGBT community couldn't buy a cake or didn't have gender neutral bathrooms or couldn't marry or get benefits etc

they haven't stayed consistent and also banned travel to Saudi Arabia. Where they kill people for being gay.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
the janitor said:
heelnipstr said:

I am outraged that after showing such brave leadership by passing AB 1887 ("California must take action to avoid supporting or financing discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.") and banning State travel to: Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas

Where maybe the LGBT community couldn't buy a cake or didn't have gender neutral bathrooms or couldn't marry or get benefits etc

they haven't stayed consistent and also banned travel to Saudi Arabia. Where they kill people for being gay.
Well, Saudi Arabia does have Mecca and Medina.

Kansas has a Frito Lay factory.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
Saudi Arabia is a theocratic monarchy. Any attack on their way of life is both racist and Islamophobic
Said nobody ever.

I’m aware of what it is.

In order for sarcasm to work in needs to be true.

Nobody here ever said what your “sarcastic” post is saying.

I’m not defending Islam fundies and Koran literalists. Like I’m not defending Christian fundies and Bible literalists.

They can all suck it.

To equate system of government to culture and religion is pretty stupid.

Not all Muslims want to stone gays, not all Muslim countries are oppressive shitholes and not all Muslim women wear burkas, despite of the vomit that Ben Shapiro’s been filling your head with.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
Said nobody ever.

I’m aware of what it is.

In order for sarcasm to work in needs to be true.

Nobody here ever said what your “sarcastic” post is saying.

I’m not defending Islam fundies and Koran literalists. Like I’m not defending Christian fundies and Bible literalists.

They can all suck it.

To equate system of government to culture and religion is pretty stupid.

Not all Muslims want to stone gays, not all Muslim countries are oppressive shitholes and not all Muslim women wear burkas, despite of the vomit that Ben Shapiro’s been filling your head with.
Were we talking about all Muslims or Saudi Arabia? Because everything you said about Saudi Arabia is true, and it is a theocratic autocracy.

Try to stay on track here. I know the temptation to white knight away for the poor oppressed victims of the world is just too hard for you to resist, but Saudi Arabia is an oppressive shithole and an example of everything a country shouldn't be

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The Saudi government wouldn't have to compromise on how quickly they can reform their society if it wasn't for the other powerful elements of their society which oppose those reforms.