Can we talk about these little bags of poop that are showing up on my neighborhood streets and walkways?

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Preach. But bro rural dogs are just as bad, only they leave their dogs outside all day. Just as ignored just as bored just as annoying. And when the owners come home the majority don’t get walked or played with either as far as I can tell. Having too many dogs is common as well, 5 is normal here as are “outside dogs” as I’ve come to call them
With 2 acres of land and no fence, I NEVER even see my 2 dog's sh!t.

They also get lots of exercise. Besides going on a walk/run everyday we also can walk to the beach and they go for a swim quite often. With no fence around the property, they go on little walkabouts and get in to trouble sometimes, kill deer sometimes, but pretty good life I must say. They get tons of love from us and they horse around with each other which is hilarious to watch.

Oh, and we do not carry bags of their poop around when we take them on a walk/run.

One other thing I want to mention. We have a worm bin and a composting toilet. So all human and food waste is recycled on the property. What this does is it creates a trash can with zero stink, funky liquids, or animal problems. It trips me out when I travel and first off can't put my plate down for a dog to lick clean, and second, have to scrape that stuff in the trash can. There is a better way.

• Love
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
so many better ways.
but, they keep with their nose to the grindstone,
got to get to work, pay taxes.
so you can go out on the weekends,
and, wait for it...........
"BUY THE GOODS".

:socrazy::shameonyou::loser::foreheadslap:

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
With 2 acres of land and no fence, I NEVER even see my 2 dog's sh!t.

They also get lots of exercise. Besides going on a walk/run everyday we also can walk to the beach and they go for a swim quite often. With no fence around the property, they go on little walkabouts and get in to trouble sometimes, kill deer sometimes, but pretty good life I must say. They get tons of love from us and they horse around with each other which is hilarious to watch.

Oh, and we do not carry bags of their poop around when we take them on a walk/run.

One other thing I want to mention. We have a worm bin and a composting toilet. So all human and food waste is recycled on the property. What this does is it creates a trash can with zero stink, funky liquids, or animal problems. It trips me out when I travel and first off can't put my plate down for a dog to lick clean, and second, have to scrape that stuff in the trash can. There is a better way.
The flies…

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
If you don't want to go to the gas station or get oil changes, don't buy a car.
If you don't want to pick up sh!t, keep you animal in your own yard and let it sh!t in there.

I'm not picking on SOpa, just pointing out that these are choices people make. Not conditions they are forced to endure.
LOL, outside cats for the win.
In my hood, peeps put out little cans with lids for the doogie doos.

Last weekend, a local watering hole sponsored a street cleanup. The sign in list had a column for "Treasures Found". Yes, the #1 entry was dog doo. #2 entry was human doo.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
LOL, outside cats for the win.
In my hood, peeps put out little cans with lids for the doogie doos.

Last weekend, a local watering hole sponsored a street cleanup. The sign in list had a column for "Treasures Found". Yes, the #1 entry was dog doo. #2 entry was human doo.
”the world is a toll free toilet”

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Part of the route I walk the pouch skirts a gated community so no access to their cans, but they do have two little mini parks with trash cans. They both sit about ten yards from the fence. Rather than walk a mile with a shitbag I take the shot. Unfortunately my aim isn’t great and only make it about half the time, forcing some poor soul to handle my dogs shitbag. Dick move?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I love dogs. Had two, and I picked up after their sh!t just about everyday during their 15 years of life.

But don’t throw your dog’s poop in someone’s bin around here, especially during summertime. What happen’s is that poop just cooks all day, creating a poop sauna in my bin that only has one little trash bag in it.
So what? Your trash can smells?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I am saying I didnt sign up to harbor a sh!t receptacle for lazy dog owners. Figure out a way to dispose your animals sh!t that doesnt make someone else garbage can smell.
I am not going to try and change your opinion; this is the way I feel.

I have had a trashcan fester with multiple bags of sh!t and ended up having to clean the fucking thing it stank so bad.
Not fun and not sure why that should be my responsibility?

Agree on litter. I am always picking up other peoples trash.
Humans suck.
It’s weird. I put probably 15 bags of dog sh!t in my trash can every week and it doesn’t smell since, you know, they‘re tied off bags, yet yours needs to be washed out when one bag gets thrown in?

do you sleep next to your trash cans? Maybe they’re in your living room? The only time I smell my can is when I’m throwing sh!t in it or hauling it to the curb. It hardly seems real that a bag of dog sh!t could cause so much trouble.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
It’s weird. I put probably 15 bags of dog sh!t in my trash can every week and it doesn’t smell since, you know, they‘re tied off bags, yet yours needs to be washed out when one bag gets thrown in?
The only time I smell my can is when I’m throwing sh!t in it or hauling it to the curb.
Wait so your can does or doesnt smell like sh!t??

Its my trash can and not yours. I dont want your dog sh!t in it.
How is that so hard to understand?
In addition to being rude it's also illegal.

Reactions: Black

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

do you sleep next to your trash cans? Maybe they’re in your living room? The only time I smell my can is when I’m throwing sh!t in it or hauling it to the curb. It hardly seems real that a bag of dog sh!t could cause so much trouble.
Agreed. I understand the disrespect angle of using someone else’s trash can but the smell is minimal compared to lots of other types of trash.

Dump a Gallon of cheap vinegar into your empty trash can and let the acid do the work. Easy clean up

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali

Laws regarding the disposal of dog waste can vary depending on your location, as they are typically governed by local ordinances or regulations. In many places, it is considered acceptable to dispose of small amounts of bagged dog waste in someone else's trash bin, especially if you are not in a public area where public trash bins are provided.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Laws regarding the disposal of dog waste can vary depending on your location, as they are typically governed by local ordinances or regulations. In many places, it is considered acceptable to dispose of small amounts of bagged dog waste in someone else's trash bin, especially if you are not in a public area where public trash bins are provided.
you guys have such hard ons about this. Do what ya like, I dont even have a trash can at my new place.

All I am saying is using someone elses trash to dispose of sh!t is rude. Saying well they should deal with it sounds like entitlement.

Agree to disagree.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Illegal? I assume you can point me to the code section? I’ll wait.

my can rarely smells Even at the end of the week. I have two large dogs. The bags are tied off.

I don’t use other people’s cans. its such a Karen thing to object to though.

Reactions: Sharky