Can we talk about that jobs report?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The economy is not strong, no matter what the lefty economists and government will tell you
People are getting hammered by inflation and housing costs. Tough to move if buying a 20% more expensive home doubles your payment.

Also, isn’t funny how we didn’t have inflation according to so many here, and then once they finally admitted it they blamed it on price gouging :unsure: :roflmao:

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
People are getting hammered by inflation and housing costs. Tough to move if buying a 20% more expensive home doubles your payment.

Also, isn’t funny how we didn’t have inflation according to so many here, and then once they finally admitted it they blamed it on price gouging :unsure: :roflmao:
You can't include housing, food, or energy prices in the inflation calculations! It skews it!

:roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
So now the worry is that the jobs report is indicative of an overheated economy and we may be looking at higher interest rates. That seems to be the perspective bothering the market this AM.
10 year is slightly down. I don’t think anyone is really worried about further rate increases quite yet.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You can't include housing, food, or energy prices in the inflation calculations! It skews it!

:roflmao:
It’s weird. The numbers show inflation at 3.1% yet screechers here insist it’s 20%.

Its almost like screechers are ignoring facts in favor of political feels.

Btw, grocery inflation is at 1.7%. Overall food at 2.9%, over a full point lower than the July 2020 reading. It’s odd, but I don’t recall the screeches screeching about it in 2020.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
10 year is slightly down. I don’t think anyone is really worried about further rate increases quite yet.
You're commentating on an intraday market synopsis from August of 2022.

lol.

Last edited:

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
lol oops! strangely applicable to today’s report/rate discussion.
I spent 20 years managing money in equity markets. I had to have a line of bull sh!t pretty much every day when the phone rang. If I was getting honest, the reason the market went up today was greed. The reason it went down today was fear. Fear and greed. Makes the world go round. ;)

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
It’s weird. The numbers show inflation at 3.1% yet screechers here insist it’s 20%.

Its almost like screechers are ignoring facts in favor of political feels.

Btw, grocery inflation is at 1.7%. Overall food at 2.9%, over a full point lower than the July 2020 reading. It’s odd, but I don’t recall the screeches screeching about it in 2020.
people think inflation is way higher than it is because they listen to what people on social media are saying