Can we talk about single concave vs single to double concave?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Fcuk yes, that's gorgeous! Looking forward to hearing some ride reports.

Make mine 6'3 x 19 3/8 x 2 5/8 or so.

What glassing did you go with? How was the whole order process? I was about to order a 6'2 Noa, and almost pulled the trigger, but Covid was starting to look like screwing up everything, and it would have.

Jul 29, 2018
Fcuk yes, that's gorgeous! Looking forward to hearing some ride reports.

Make mine 6'3 x 19 3/8 x 2 5/8 or so.

What glassing did you go with? How was the whole order process? I was about to order a 6'2 Noa, and almost pulled the trigger, but Covid was starting to look like screwing up everything, and it would have.
Ordering was easy. I dropped a message to Luke that I wanted the 90s inspired board he posted on IG ( this was before it was officially called the hammer) and he told me to order it under the custom section on the website with the other option.
just put in the dims I wanted ( I left the thickness for him to work out with my approx volume I wanted ) , selected the other features, swallow tail etc, dropped 200 deposit and was ready in 5 weeks.
I chose theStandard 6+4 deck, 4 bottom glass job.
We are in lockdown in Victoria at the moment do as soon as I can get out I’ll wax her up.

Reactions: Maz

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
I agree.

also I can feel the v-spine of a single to double which makes the aft end feel a little more stable during rail to rail transitions.
there's "information" there during the turn.
The flat panel v-tail is/was a solid design.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Some posters here have no clue to what the effects of these contours do

Just spew general Blah Blah

Nothing specific
nah. some of us have felt snigle doing the suck up the face thing...and double not so much/better brek. other piard sngle with quad because setup looser...double other paired with tri because setup stiff....but whatver dependin on rocker outline rials an eveyrthing els eunder sun.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
nah. some of us have felt snigle doing the suck up the face thing...and double not so much/better brek. other piard sngle with quad because setup looser...double other paired with tri because setup stiff....but whatver dependin on rocker outline rials an eveyrthing els eunder sun.
I like single to V with quads.

Sep 7, 2020
gadgetssai.com
Single Concave. As you may have guessed from the name, this design features just the one concave running down the middle of the surfboard from the nose towards the tail. The single concave is best suited for big clean waves. This means that this design is not great if you are looking for an all-rounder type of surfboard.

Double Concave. (Also Known as Single to Double.) This design is possibly the most popular of the concave options at the moment. Again, the name is fairly self explanatory. Your surfboard will start with one contour up near the front and at some point on the surfboard, this will split into two. The double concave is better suited to the heavier surfer. The double concave near the tail allows for looser turns and freer maneuvers.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Plug could have been in the middle, but tail may be too thin. Love the graphics and clean look.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Single Concave. As you may have guessed from the name, this design features just the one concave running down the middle of the surfboard from the nose towards the tail. The single concave is best suited for big clean waves. This means that this design is not great if you are looking for an all-rounder type of surfboard.

Double Concave. (Also Known as Single to Double.) This design is possibly the most popular of the concave options at the moment. Again, the name is fairly self explanatory. Your surfboard will start with one contour up near the front and at some point on the surfboard, this will split into two. The double concave is better suited to the heavier surfer. The double concave near the tail allows for looser turns and freer maneuvers.
Some of the best ever small wave performance designs are single concave...

White Diamond

Neck Beard 2

Sampler

Etc. Etc.

Reactions: MathDebater