Can we talk about in-person early voting?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yeah, in-person early voting is the best idea, by miles. Absentee is sofa king. Walking right into a trap.

That there's a line out the door the first day in a place like Fairfax, I think that has more to do with everyone thinking they could get it done and beat the masses, and boom, crowd when people thought the dawnie would lightly attended.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's a photograph taken in Fairfax, Virginia. Of course there's a shitload of Biden voters. Plus, if you killed every Never Trump Republican in Fairfax County, MSNBC would need like three dozen replacement analysts/contributors.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It's a photograph taken in Fairfax, Virginia. Of course there's a shitload of Biden voters. Plus, if you killed every Never Trump Republican in Fairfax County, MSNBC would need like three dozen replacement analysts/contributors.
My Trump-supporting former LaRouche cult crazy judgmental Christian aunt lives near Leesburg (my uncle is cool, though). We found out last week that the Great Teetotaler had been washing down her pain meds with whiskey. Dozens of empty liquor bottles stashed through the basement. Full on closet alcoholic. The piece of info that I am sorely missing is whether she was drinking something like Macallans or Canadian Mist - it's hard to gauge the depth of rock bottom otherwise. Because if it was high class sh!t, then it would be a big hell yeah there has been potential redemption, like welcome to the party. But if it's rotgut whiskey, yeah, that's more like welcome to the gutter.

Biden probably won't happen but maybe she'll be drunk enough to write in Anton LaVey. I'd accept that.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Does an election with easily hacked voting machines supervised by elderly people who can barely open an iPhone really have more election integrity than vote by mail? Honest question.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Does an election with easily hacked voting machines supervised by elderly people who can barely open an iPhone really have more election integrity than vote by mail? Honest question.
So it's taken them 10 minutes to find your name in an alphabetized book too? :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I think it's pretty silly

but, also, I was able to look up the status of my ballot and past election activity on the CA state site

there's always room for improvement

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I think it's pretty silly

but, also, I was able to look up the status of my ballot and past election activity on the CA state site

there's always room for improvement
Agreed. Seems that any system or way of doing things has vulnerabilities, however anything electronic is far riskier. I'd much rather have a paper trail.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
girls under 45 are on a logarithmic curve of baby madness

tread lightly

late 40's, early 50's are unburdened

Reactions: grapedrink