Can we talk about “Late Night Comedy?”

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Jimmy Fallon...how the hell did he get the job? I never understood that one. I’ve tried and tried, but if that is comedy, I just don’t get comedy.

Stephen Colbert…instant change of the channel, politics and comedy are supposed to be funny…he just drones.

Jimmy Kimmel, I can deal with him for a bit, then all I think is how much I miss Letterman, then even Carson.

The it all goes back to Fallon, he sucks…Adam Sandler needed to be there.

Or am I too old that I think Bill Maher kills it.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Yeah Fallon isn’t all that funny. Colbert and Stewart have always been my favorites. Coincidentally just started working for Fallon a few times a month.

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
It's all turned into morning talk radio.

I'm surprised they haven't added a laugh track to prod people into laughing, 'cuz "funny just happened".

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Stewart -A
Conan - A
Letterman - A
Fallon - C+
Carson - C+
Colbert - F
Kimmel - F
Leno - F minus

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
I thought Craig Kilborn was much better than Jon Stewart.

Stewart was like a 90's comedian that waited too long after a joke fell flat, forcing the audience to laugh, so they could move onto the next unfunnies.

Loved the show the first few seasons but grew tired of it when Stewart took over.

Last edited:
Reactions: john4surf

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Comedy central era Colbert was pretty great. Can't stand him now.
Colbert was funny when he was doing Strangers with Candy and some very early Daily Show stuff.

When he ended up getting more political his anger would be seeping through though, and it's hard to laugh at someone when there's an underlying current of rage.

Jon Stewart on the other hand was political and funny.